Okay im so excited i ordered storm yesterday, and expecting it before end of next week.

Can you help me build a to-do list of exactly what i should do when i get it? Here is what i have so far:

1. open box and program (obviously lol)
    2. check OS version just for the **** of it
    3. try typing make sure all keys and buttons work
    4. test accelerometer (during video, during email, etc)
    5. look for dead pixels, or weak spots on screen
    6. test camera performance
    7. search for info on how to "wipe" the phone, and do it
    8. install latest leak
    9. charge battery fully, and then run it down fully to build battery power
    10. download some apps and test all features over again

and finally .. gather all info and make a post on crackberry

Can you edit, or add to my list?
    12-12-08 09:42 PM
    well since im the only one half drunk (ran out of jack daniels damnit) and im the only one excited about me getting storm, i guess ill be the only one posting in here eh?

lol
    12-12-08 10:16 PM
    I ordered mine yesterday also!

A few things Ill need to figure out based on this forum is

1) adjusting sensitivity settings for screen clicks
    2) how to sync/backup to my pc
    3) how to forward my hotmail acct to the phone
    4) which apps to purchase and install, and how its done on a BB
    5) getting used to the screen/keyboard, and maybe doing the screw adjustment
    6) load my tunes, and videos on the phone
    7) load latest patch
    8) configure security/locking
    9) learn shortuts and config options

Im sure Ill think of a bunch of other things to do.............
    12-12-08 10:35 PM
    Okay im so excited i ordered storm yesterday, and expecting it before end of next week.

Can you help me build a to-do list of exactly what i should do when i get it? Here is what i have so far:

Yeah, SEARCH this entire website and then do it yourself.
    12-12-08 10:46 PM
    Yeah, SEARCH this entire website and then do it yourself.
    yea, no. I would like to express my excitement even if only wasting the time of posting this thread. mmk?

but seriously ... i wanna get a list of things to do, thanks to the guy above, i forgot about some of those!!!
    12-12-08 10:49 PM
    This could be a great thread for those of us who have ordered the Storm and are waiting for it to arrive. My Moto Q just died on me (it only had to last 1 more f**** week!), so I've got plenty of time on my hands and want to tweak my phone immediately to optimum performance.

Here are my additions to those already listed:

1. Sync with my outlook to get back my contacts (due to Moto q dieing). figure out wireless syncing with calendar, email, etc without BES for work Outlook.
    2. Give the screen a thorough testing, and perform torx screw fix if needed.
    3. Install Phanton Skinz screen protector. (already sitting on my desk staring at me)
    4. See if I can live with Google maps until they figure out the GPS, or try Garmin's trial app.
    5. Nintaii
    6. Reread Official Tips and tricks thread after using it for a while.
    6. Probably get a Dock
    7. Work out all the kinks so when I show it to my boss I can tell him how it is better than his iPhone. (He's an Apple worshipper to the point of ridiculousness. Granted they make great products, but it's not a JesusPhone. /rant)
    12-12-08 11:31 PM

1. open box and program (obviously lol)
    2. check OS version just for the **** of it
    3. try typing make sure all keys and buttons work
    4. test accelerometer (during video, during email, etc)
    5. look for dead pixels, or weak spots on screen
    6. test camera performance
    7. search for info on how to "wipe" the phone, and do it
    8. install latest leak
    9. charge battery fully, and then run it down fully to build battery power
    10. download some apps and test all features over again

and finally .. gather all info and make a post on crackberry

Can you edit, or add to my list?
    I never wiped mine and the it worked fine.
    don't think draining the battery is the recommended thing these days. new batteries don't have memory.
    12-12-08 11:40 PM
    Right after you check the OS, do a Security Wipe and include 3rd party apps. Should give you the best memory free start possible out of the box. This will pull Visual Voicemail and VZNav off, but you can load them up later if you want them back via the Applications app. This should give you about 46-48MB free.
    12-13-08 12:22 AM
    7. Work out all the kinks so when I show it to my boss I can tell him how it is better than his iPhone. (He's an Apple worshipper to the point of ridiculousness. Granted they make great products, but it's not a JesusPhone. /rant)
    identical situation here! My boss praises this thing to no end. never even spared a milisecond to even consider the storm might actually turn out decent lol
    12-13-08 01:16 AM
    **crickets** lol
    12-13-08 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD