Is this a common problem or just with some phones that don't have the lens sealed down properly? What if you took a generic screen protector sheet and cut it down to size yourself but cut it slightly larger than the screen itself so it goes over the lens seams just a little. This would cause a seal around the screen and also help it from getting liquid under it in case of a spill.
    03-02-09 02:03 PM
    I argued over this the first moment I saw the Storm and was able to stick 8 business cards inside that gap (2 on top, 2 on left, 2 on right and 2 on bottom)..

It's huge!
    03-02-09 02:08 PM
    I argued over this the first moment I saw the Storm and was able to stick 8 business cards inside that gap (2 on top, 2 on left, 2 on right and 2 on bottom)..

It's huge!
    and because of this, the screen moves a **** of a lot!
    03-02-09 02:28 PM
    Is this a common problem or just with some phones that don't have the lens sealed down properly? What if you took a generic screen protector sheet and cut it down to size yourself but cut it slightly larger than the screen itself so it goes over the lens seams just a little. This would cause a seal around the screen and also help it from getting liquid under it in case of a spill.
    I have had my Storm for over 2 months and have no dust issues...zero, zilch...nada! So to answer your question, it is not a common problem.

That idea of a screen protector over the gaps is a pretty smart idea.
    03-02-09 02:36 PM
    I inserted thin strips of headphone foam using a business card between the screen and the bezel. my screen no longer "wiggles" and the screen clicks are not affected by the foam as it is quite soft. It does the job well. I've done this for a few of my buddies and they LOVE it.
    03-02-09 02:57 PM
    I can't say for sure that it doesn't leak pocket lint. MINE doesn't, but I don't keep it in my pocket...ever. I bought a holster when I bought the phone, and so no pocket lint, and no noticeable dust either, probably because the phone goes face first in the holster, so the front is constantly covered except when I'm using it.
    03-02-09 03:01 PM
    Please show a picture of your fix.. would love to try & do it myself.. wish i was your friend......thanks..
    03-02-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD