Okay, I plan on flashing to the Bell .122 OS tonite.. But I wanna back up my Berry first. Everytime I try to install the DM on my laptop (vista) I get an error message "Error 1327.Invalid Drive F:\"

What gives?
    04-16-09 04:53 PM
    Where are you trying to install it from?

If you have the CD, try downloading it, from either your carrier or directly from Blackberry, to your C drive and installing from there.

Which version of Vista do you have? If you have the 64bit version, then when you install the OS, it will be in the Program files (x86) folder. You may also want to look at the Sticky at the top of the OS forum (Windows 7) and make the adjustments to you your USB.

If your vista is the 32bit, you should be good to go.
    04-16-09 05:42 PM
    I've tried to install it from the CD as well as from the site with no luck. Same errror.
    04-16-09 07:35 PM
    Also, is there any other app to back up besides DM?
    04-16-09 07:53 PM
    Switch drives? C drive, perhaps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 08:00 PM
    This sounds like a registry error and it can be fixed, but it requires editing the registry, a potentially very risky issue, although I have done it many times.

Hit Start, Run and type Regedit

Find the following HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows| CurrentVersion\ Explorer\User Shell Folders

In the right pane - see if these is any entries which has an F or any other alphabelts not C (your OP folder) modify data to C:\

exit and try again.

Be careful not to alter any other entries. I also suggest creating a restore point prior to doing this.

Do this at your own risk, but it should work. Or if you have a friend who is computer literate, maybe they can help.
    04-16-09 08:19 PM
    This sounds like a registry error and it can be fixed, but it requires editing the registry, a potentially very risky issue, although I have done it many times.

Hit Start, Run and type Regedit

Find the following HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows| CurrentVersion\ Explorer\User Shell Folders

In the right pane - see if these is any entries which has an F or any other alphabelts not C (your OP folder) modify data to C:\

exit and try again.

Be careful not to alter any other entries. I also suggest creating a restore point prior to doing this.

Do this at your own risk, but it should work. Or if you have a friend who is computer literate, maybe they can help.
    Ok. I'm going to try it right now
    04-16-09 08:47 PM
    HOLY &%$!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!! You are the GREATEST!!!
    04-16-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD