Anyone else having this problem?

Sync will work fine for a variable length of time (2 weeks - 3 months). Then suddenly it will want to delete most of the Calendar entries in Outlook. It's like it only sees 63 entries in my device, but 1934 in Outlook so it wants to delete the difference from Outlook. Almost as if the bulk of the entries in the BB have been deleted. And when I checked the actual Berry/Outlook Calendars that's what it looks like - there are events that show up in Outlook that are no longer there in the Berry Calendar yet I haven't deleted them.

I've got the Sync set to 2 way, All entries. I'm running a Storm 9530 with .122 (Telus latest official release), and DM 5.0.0.11 (Telus latest official release). I am also using Pocket Informant 1.61, set to sync to the native PIM (not direct to Outlook). As an FYI I checked with WebIS (Pocket Informant developers) and they have only seen this happen when there are multiple Calendars involved and the Berry default Calendar gets set incorrectly, such as when service books are resent. But I only have 1 Calendar so that can't be it.

Any ideas? I've tried removing Pocket Informant and re-installing it, deleting DM and re-installing it, etc. With reboots in between just to be sure.

TIA - R.
    11-08-09 11:26 AM
    telus is in the stoneage with 122, seriously update to atleast 148 or 151 or a OS 5 build. You will enjoy the phone so much more.

as the problems my sync has never done that. It keeps all previous and upcoming just fine
    11-08-09 11:45 AM
    Mine has done that before also. What I ended up doing was going through DM backup/restore, and clearing out the entire calendar on BB. I then synched again and put the calendar back on it. Go into your calendar options on BB & make sure it is set to keep appointments forever & make sure you have that one calendar listed under Options>Advanced>Default Services.

Completely removing the BB calendar & upgrading OS seems to have worked this last time. I was having it happen about once a week. Good luck!
    11-09-09 05:30 AM
    How much memory does your Storm have?

It does this when memory runs low. See this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/all...mments-356930/
    11-09-09 10:09 AM
    Very informative link intense55! Had I known about this limitation, and how RIM decided to deal with it, I would not have bought the device. I feel a bit misled.

Anyway, to answer your question about my Storm 9530. When I had the sync problem I had "File Free" memory of 3MB. Ran Quickpull and it went to 23MB.

capeo53, I have Calendar set to keep appointments forever, and only 1 calendar in my Default Services. I've tried using the DM SYnc to replace all the BB Calendar data with my Outlook data, but will try using backup/restore to delete it instead.

Upgrading the OS isn't an option for me as I'm running .122, which is the latest official release from Telus. I am hoping they release an official 5.0 OS soon ...

- R.
    11-13-09 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD