Hi Folks!

I have just installed the latest and greatest Desktop Manager on my PC at work. Installation went smoothly; no issues.

Once I hook the storm up to the USB port then I get a message that says "USB Device Not Recognized". I trolled through all of the device manager options and ther storm is showing up as an unknown device.

So my question: I was under the impression that DM installed all necessary drivers to allow a Blackberry device to be connected via USB. Is this not the case?
    12-22-08 01:03 PM
    i had the same problem at one point i just re downloaded both the software for the phone and dm
    12-22-08 01:06 PM
    The USB drivers are part of the BlackBerry Desktop Software package, it should have installed or enabled the correct drivers.

BlackBerry has published a troubleshooting guide for USB problems:

View Document
    12-22-08 01:06 PM
    Hi Folks!

I have just installed the latest and greatest Desktop Manager on my PC at work. Installation went smoothly; no issues.

Once I hook the storm up to the USB port then I get a message that says "USB Device Not Recognized". I trolled through all of the device manager options and ther storm is showing up as an unknown device.

So my question: I was under the impression that DM installed all necessary drivers to allow a Blackberry device to be connected via USB. Is this not the case?
    I am sure you have but just check that you have DM 4.7 installed. Also i have seen issues where you need to download the version with Roxio Media Manager included.
    12-22-08 01:28 PM
    If you want to just install the drivers BB USB & Modem drivers.
    12-22-08 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD