OK, been a BB user for about two years w/the insidious little "Pearl" demon device. Finally bought the Storm, and have no complaints, I love this thing.

Issue at the moment is that I plug in Storm to new DM downloaded from new CD that came with it after uninstalling the one I used with my Pearl (just in case there was a difference).

DM sees my Storm, runs auto backup and all seems well...for a minute. DM is still running & recognizing my device, however, I cannot open any of the functions (Application Loader, Media, etc).

None are open or running and when I move my cursor over them, they change in appearance telling me that the DM isn't frozen, but nothing happens when I click on them.

What do I do? Please help. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
    02-13-09 03:10 PM
    First, forget about your DM for a minute. And, by the way, you didn't mention whether you have a PC or a MAC and what its OS is. I'll assume what I know a little bit: Windows XP or Vista. Make sure the DM is not evoked and plug your Storm in via its USB cable. With no DM (kill it if it auto loads), you need to be able to see two new "USB" drives, BB1 and BB2. Also, using just Windows explorer, you should be able to step down into them and see stuff - don't try to understand the file structure, it is Byzantine. If you cannot do such, then you need to get a new Windows driver for your Storm.

If you can see BB1 and BB2 and explore them, THEN try your DM. If you still see whacky behavior, THEN whack this DM and go to the RIM site and get a fresh copy of DM 4.7.

Doctor Neutron
    02-13-09 06:23 PM
    Sorry, I did forget. Running PC (Windows XP) & Storm v4.7.0.75. I assume your instructions still apply?
    02-13-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD