Every time that I try and connect to DM to upgrade to .191 I get an error saying that " A connection to the device could not be established." can anyone help to resolve this issue? I'm using DM v5.0 and Win7. TIA
    09-01-09 01:48 PM
    Every time that I try and connect to DM to upgrade to .191 I get an error saying that " A connection to the device could not be established." can anyone help to resolve this issue? I'm using DM v5.0 and Win7. TIA
    I'm not sure if you're saying that DM is not recognizing your device or not. But you should be able to upgrade by using the AppLoader provided with the download. You go to C:ProgramFiles/CommonFiles/Research in Motion/AppLoader and update using the Loader.

However if you're saying you can't back up first because DM is not recognizing your device that's a different story. You do need to back up before upgrading.
    09-01-09 01:58 PM
    The actual error I get is "A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any star-tup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again." On the bottom of DM it shows that the Storm is connected and shows my PIN. I can make a back-up. AppLoader will not connect either.
    09-01-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD