hey everyone, i feel semi-******** for asking this question because it seems like such a simple process but i have tried absolutely everything i can think of to make this work. I have a Storm 9539 (Telus) running on the .75 OS. I have decided that i think i'm going to upgrade to the .86 to give it a shot but i want to do a backup first. So i tried backing up the phone and at first i got an error about the browser cache. So i did some searching on here and found that the cache needed to be cleared. so i did that and it continued on passed that and then got hung up on tasks. so i deleted the one task i had saved and tried again, successfully it moved on...however, now i'm failing on quick contacts. i don't really want to delete the quick contacts unless i absolutely have to, so if anyone has any ideas i'm all ears. also, for the record, i tried a battery pull between pretty much each step that i was in so i have more or less ruled that out but if needed i can do it more.

***if the answer to this question is already in the forums, i appologize. i have searched in every way i know how and found nothing. Thank you in advance for your time...

chris

EDIT: I ended up moving things over in bunches of about 10 items from the right side of the advanced back up to the left and all of the options moved over successfully...still don't get it but happy it worked.
    Last edited by boyezy; 01-13-09 at 07:59 PM. Reason: resolved
    01-12-09 04:03 AM
    well....now i've gotten past the quick contacts and it's now the handheld agent that is stopping it...this is very frustrating....
    01-12-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD