Is there a division button the the calculator because I can't seem to find it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 05:30 PM
    It's between the - and the %
    It's the / divided symbol...
    01-04-09 05:33 PM
    Right next to number 4....

01-04-09 05:35 PM
    Ok thanks, I guess I'm completely ********

01-04-09 05:42 PM
    Congratulations Whitegold, the first step is acceptance! LOL!
    01-04-09 05:43 PM
    Remember, always divide by 0
    01-04-09 06:09 PM
    Download gCalc from the OTA Apps sticky in the Third Party Apps subforum. This is a much much better calculator application than the one that already comes on the phone!
    01-04-09 06:44 PM
    Download gCalc from the OTA Apps sticky in the Third Party Apps subforum. This is a much much better calculator application than the one that already comes on the phone!
    Right cause this one just does not work at ALL...
    01-04-09 06:49 PM
    Now, now. A lot of people expect the divide symbold to look like . Computer programming languages almost universally use + - / * for the four basic math operators. It confuses the uninitiated to see the forward slash used as the divide operator.

Just the way it is.
    01-04-09 06:54 PM
    lol is all I got for this one.
    01-04-09 07:10 PM
    LOL. Anyone having good luck with gCalc on the Storm?
    01-04-09 07:10 PM
    I like Gcalc very much. I just wish the conversion section was larger. I came over to the storm from a Treo 700p and I had several unit converters each with hundreds of conversions. That being said , Gcalc is currently free and pretty nice.
    01-04-09 08:05 PM
    Can we get a Mod to delete this?
    01-04-09 08:13 PM
    Whoa, I never really looked at the calculator on the STORM. It is kind of messed up. Who the heck designed that?

The operators are just all spread out all over the place. No wonder he did not see it.

I just noticed there is a HELP if you do BB menu while in calc.

Also I noticed that if you use it in potrait mode it has less buttons and a different layout then in lanscape mode. Real convienient!

So in Landscape mode the Divide symbol "/" is below the CE and above the Square route key!

Why the heck can't they put + _ / * all together somewhere in a column like in Windows calculator or most ofther calculators?
    Is it a easy thumb placement/historical thing?
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 01-04-09 at 08:35 PM.
    01-04-09 08:25 PM
    I agree that the layout of the operators really makes no sense on BB's built-in calculator. They should be grouped in a logical fashion. It would also have been nice if they were shown in a different color than the numbers.

As an aside, what exactly is the usefulness of chastising anyone for simply asking a question, regardless of whether you feel is it a "dumb question?" (which I too believe is an oxymoron)

It adds nothing to the thread, and merely makes the poster look foolish.
    01-04-09 08:49 PM
    Dont think u will get a Mod to delete since one of the Mods was also an instigator in this thread....now they need Mods to police the Mods
    Huh? Pete6 did nothing to instigate. In fact, he did just the opposite.
    01-06-09 08:21 AM
    Dont think u will get a Mod to delete since one of the Mods was also an instigator in this thread....now they need Mods to police the Mods
    No he didn't. Sounds like your trying to instigate by making up stuff.
    01-06-09 08:21 AM
    He called the OP "unititiated".....subtle but still a digg
    I'd hardly call that a "dig." It simply means "inexperienced."
    01-06-09 08:24 AM
    He called the OP "unititiated".....subtle but still a digg
    Uninitiated means uninformed, which the op was. I don't thnk thats a digg.
    01-06-09 08:27 AM
    Please respect the rules of the forums and others. Please observe the following Posting Rules & Guidelines:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

Foul language
    Please keep posts and links family appropriate. The administrator’s and moderator’s reserve the right to delete posts at their discretion if they are deemed inappropriate or offensive. Users will be giving a warning for the first violation; any subsequent violation could result in a ban from the forum.
    Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!
    01-06-09 08:37 AM
    Now, now. A lot of people expect the divide symbold to look like . Computer programming languages almost universally use + - / * for the four basic math operators. It confuses the uninitiated to see the forward slash used as the divide operator.

Just the way it is.
    True that. After seeing this post I played around with the calculator and must admit that this is the worst calculator settings and layout ever. This needs and upgrade as well.

01-06-09 09:37 AM
    Right next to number 4....

How can I print screen (get the image of my current screen) on my blackberry storm like you did with the calculator...
    01-06-09 09:48 AM
    How can I print screen (get the image of my current screen) on my blackberry storm like you did with the calculator...
    It's 2 step process.

1. Get CrackPic and/or CrackUtil from the links in my signature. They are free utilities and will get the pics from your Storm onto your PC provided that Desktop Manager is correctly installed.
    2. Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and sign up for an account. Transfer your pics from your PC to PhotoBicket using there very easy to use transfer method. PhotoBucket supplis a direct link to the picturs. Copy this and past it into the picture icon of the post you are making.
    01-06-09 12:09 PM
    It's 2 step process.

1. Get CrackPic and/or CrackUtil from the links in my signature. They are free utilities and will get the pics from your Storm onto your PC provided that Desktop Manager is correctly installed.
    2. Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and sign up for an account. Transfer your pics from your PC to PhotoBicket using there very easy to use transfer method. PhotoBucket supplis a direct link to the picturs. Copy this and past it into the picture icon of the post you are making.
    VERI NICE! GOt it...

THANKS VERY MUCH
    01-06-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD