Since installing the App World, I've installed numerous apps to test them out. I've also uninstalled a bunch after finding that they don't work or I don't like them. None of them are listed in Options > Advanced > Apps and they no longer have icons in my apps folder (except the fox news one - why is that how do i get rid of it?) But if I open up the Apps World application and click My World, all of the uninstalled apps are there, but greyed out and say 'uninstalled' underneath.

Is this taking up application memory? and how do I have them permanently deleted so I can't even view the uninstalled apps?
    04-02-09 08:43 PM
    Do a battery pull and it will clear your list of uninstalled apps. The only apps that will still appear in My World after uninstalling them regardless of a battery pull are the ones you paid for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 09:00 PM
    No, in World if it's listed as uninstalled, it's not taking up room on your phone.

04-02-09 09:04 PM
    I didn't pay for any of the apps.

I did a battery pull and not only did it delete the uninstalled ones, but there are only 3 apps listed in My World, yet there are 6 that I kept and they are all in my downloads folder. And the fox news icon is still there even though it isn't listed in My World or in Options.
    04-02-09 09:13 PM
    The App World is still new so there are many bugs that are present. The goal of My World is for only paid apps to appear in the list. The reason for this is so that you can quickly have access to download your paid apps without having to look through various categories. If you want to remove the fox icon, go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Look for Fox News and highlight the app> Press the BB Key and click delete.

04-02-09 09:31 PM
    The App World is still new so there are many bugs that are present. The goal of My World is for only paid apps to appear in the list. The reason for this is so that you can quickly have access to download your paid apps without having to look through various categories. If you want to remove the fox icon, go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Look for Fox News and highlight the app> Press the BB Key and click delete.

I already did this when I first wanted to delete the app. So now it is no longer listed under options > adv opt. > apps but it is still in my download folder so other than your point that there are bugs, I don't understand why this could be.
    04-02-09 09:51 PM
    I already did this when I first wanted to delete the app. So now it is no longer listed under options > adv opt. > apps but it is still in my download folder so other than your point that there are bugs, I don't understand why this could be.
    Did you try highlighting the icon in the downloads folder, pressing the bb key and then clicking delete?

04-02-09 10:03 PM
    Also, free apps I don't think are stored in the AppWorld holding place.

04-02-09 10:16 PM

Mine are. Wallet. And Shazam stayed through a pull.

04-02-09 10:24 PM

The free apps are listed right now but you are right, the goal is for only the paid apps to appear in My World. This is the reason why some people are seeing some apps missing from this list even though they are still installed on their device.

Mine are. Wallet. And Shazam stayed through a pull.

That's one of the bugs that I was talking about.

04-02-09 10:39 PM
    Did you try highlighting the icon in the downloads folder, pressing the bb key and then clicking delete?

When I highlight it, the option is "delete channel" and I delete it but then every time there is a new "breaking news" it puts a new icon on. I want the app completely deleted from my phone but I don't see a way to do it..
    04-06-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD