Flew out to DC last night, from IL. Had a meeting this morning at 9 am. On every verizon phone I've ever had the time was automatically updated. But today I found out the storm doesn't automatically update you as you travel between time zones. You actually have to go into options and update your time zone.

This phone blows ......
    03-23-09 09:41 AM
    I think it depends what setting you have in time. I think it needs to be Network - but I can remember for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 09:44 AM
    Since i switched to a BB 2 years ago i have never figured out how to get my BB to automatically change to the local timezone. if you manually change it your appointments stay on the timezone you made them in. fyi
    03-23-09 09:50 AM
    You have to be in Network. I flew from Philly to Phoenix and on my co-workers dumb LG it changed and she pointed out my BB didn't. I was in BB in Date/Time Source. Change it to Network.
    03-23-09 09:51 AM
    Blackberries do not automatically update. This is not a bug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 09:52 AM
    In the options you have to set your time zone. to the new zone and it will change it
    03-23-09 09:54 AM
    You have to be in Network. I flew from Philly to Phoenix and on my co-workers dumb LG it changed and she pointed out my BB didn't. I was in BB in Date/Time Source. Change it to Network.
    Thanks for the tip ... I just wish it had been a few hours earlier.

What a dumb option. The default setting should have been in network.

thanks again
    03-23-09 09:55 AM

thanks again
    For sure, welcome
    03-23-09 10:11 AM

thanks again
    yeah blame it on the phone, it should have known better
    03-23-09 10:15 AM
    Flew out to DC last night, from IL. Had a meeting this morning at 9 am. On every verizon phone I've ever had the time was automatically updated. But today I found out the storm doesn't automatically update you as you travel between time zones. You actually have to go into options and update your time zone.

This phone blows ......
    This is one of the dumbest "features" of the phone that I can think of.

Some people swear by this way that BB handles time zones but it just does not make any sense... the phone can send emails, take pictures, browse the www but can't automatically change and configure the time zones intelligently
    03-23-09 10:16 AM
    All my phones have had this option. The BB is no different.
    03-23-09 10:19 AM
    hahaha you failed xD

That's funny.. I was born and used to live in IL(Chicago, south side, near the park..) but now I live like 10 mins from DC. Stalker?
    03-23-09 10:21 AM

Every other "dumb phone" knew better ....

hahaha you failed xD

That's funny.. I was born and used to live in IL(Chicago, south side, near the park..) but now I live like 10 mins from DC. Stalker?
    I'm the exact opposite. I grew up in DC burbs, and and am in chicago for a short stint. I live on north lake shore drive, but I did some work down at Jackson park hospital in the south side. Scary place
    03-23-09 10:29 AM
    DuH...
    It IS a smartphone ain't it ?
    03-23-09 10:33 AM
    BB don't change on purpose... there is a whole thread on this somewhere. Basically it doesn't change because they don't want to mess up your calendar. It is not a bug because RIMM knows that their users travel a lot and automatically changing the time will mess up the calendar.
    03-23-09 10:41 AM
    BB don't change on purpose... there is a whole thread on this somewhere. Basically it doesn't change because they don't want to mess up your calendar. It is not a bug because RIMM knows that their users travel a lot and automatically changing the time will mess up the calendar.
    A Palm does the timechange automatically based on location and the calendar doesn't get messed up.

For the record, I've never liked this lacking feature on Blackberries. I think it's a copout on RIM's behalf. It's the only smartphone on the planet that doesn't do this. All the other ones do it and it doesn't mess up the calendar at all.
    03-23-09 10:50 AM
    You also have to be careful every time you sync your phone with your computer it will change the time back.
    03-23-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD