For instance, muting the device completely. I can't seem to find this and I searched already so sorry if this is a repost.

I just don't want any surprises while i'm at work messing around with the device like what just happened while on youtube thinking; well it's on silent must not have to worry. then blasted with annoying audio.

thanks.
    01-23-09 04:06 AM
    anyone?? there has to be some BB gurus out there to help
    01-26-09 11:10 PM
    Set the active profile to Silent. If you've botched your settings, this could be why it's not correct. Give examples as to what sounds still come through when you're on Silent. Custom ringtones and alerts could sound through if you have it set to bypass the active profile.
    01-26-09 11:19 PM
    it's on silent now, I clicked the icon on the home screen (uppler left) made that silent. Then I went to youtube, clicked on a video and still sound came thru the device.
    01-26-09 11:33 PM
    it's on silent now, I clicked the icon on the home screen (uppler left) made that silent. Then I went to youtube, clicked on a video and still sound came thru the device.
    Well of course it's going to do that silly. Profiles only control notification sounds... ringers, touch tones on the phone app, etc. You can be on silent and the Media Player will still play sounds when you play a video or song. You need to use the volume keys on the right hand side to control volume in those apps.
    01-26-09 11:35 PM
    thanks for your help, but if you can't disable sound globally, that was all I needed to know
    01-26-09 11:46 PM
    You can mute the media playback by just lowering the volume on that. It's not difficult.... btw, there is a manual for the phone that will help you understand how to use it better.
    01-26-09 11:48 PM
    problem solved, you're help was appreciated.
    01-26-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD