I've been around these forums for months now reading up for preparation of the storm so I might be new but not so new. lol... Anyway I've searched everywere but couldn't find an answer or anybody with the same problem. When the lights on the buttons are lit they dim and brighten randomly. For example if you were to charge the phone while being on in the dark does it do the same thing? I'm not sure if this is an isolated case or not.
    11-24-08 01:17 AM
    My phone does this as well. It will dim down, then randomly brighten back up. Though I did notice anytime I go from portrait to landscape, it automatically brightens...
    11-24-08 01:47 AM
    Thats a cool feature. It could be manipulated for some sweet effects I'm sure.
    11-24-08 02:15 AM
    This is most likely a result of the 'Automatically Dim Backlight' setting being turned on (Options > Screen/Keyboard > Automatically Dim Backlight). It uses the ambient light sensor to determine how bright the backlight should be.
    11-24-08 03:54 AM
    This is most likely a result of the 'Automatically Dim Backlight' setting being turned on (Options > Screen/Keyboard > Automatically Dim Backlight). It uses the ambient light sensor to determine how bright the backlight should be.
    I've tried that and it still does the same thing. The screen stays the same brightness but the buttons have a mind of their own. Even in the dark (no ambient light) the buttons still brighten and dim constantly at random.
    11-24-08 05:31 AM
    To the front for a few more looks.
    11-24-08 04:23 PM
    Is this common or just on a couple of phones?

HH
    11-24-08 04:28 PM
    i have the same dimming/lighting issue...thought it was just me...
    11-24-08 04:31 PM
    Is this common or just on a couple of phones?

HH
    Same issue with mine, but it only happens for a few seconds and then goes back to the normal brightness.
    11-24-08 04:33 PM
    Mine too. It would probably be less annoying if I knew whether it was or was not supposed to happen.
    11-24-08 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD