Hey, im new to crackberry and I'm not too savvy on phone releases. can someone please tell me if phone stores generally, or will, receive a large amount of BBs and if they sell out ridiculously fast? Also, my plan doesnt end till mid to late november so do you think it would be hard to find one a couple weeks after the release?
    10-14-08 04:07 PM
    release date there will be line ups stores usually get 5-10 and employees always seem to grab them first
    however two-four weeks later I dont think you will have trouble finding one
    10-14-08 04:09 PM
    Ok sounds good. Thanks a lot
    10-14-08 04:28 PM
    screw in store... ONLINE FTW. and its cheaper xD
    10-14-08 08:07 PM
    my plan doesnt end till mid to late november so do you think it would be hard to find one a couple weeks after the release?
    I stopped by a dealer, one of those verizon booths at the mall, he told me he will beat any price after they are out, so I'm thinking, if you can, or have to wait, then you may be able to get a better price from an independent dealer.

Don't know though, can anyone verify this theory
    10-14-08 08:43 PM
    I stopped by a dealer, one of those verizon booths at the mall, he told me he will beat any price after they are out, so I'm thinking, if you can, or have to wait, then you may be able to get a better price from an independent dealer.

Don't know though, can anyone verify this theory
    its going to be a very expensive phone for dealers. as is, dealers dont like giving discounts on highend phones, because their profit goes to nothing. unless its a new line on a higher teired plan, id take it with a grain of salt.
    10-14-08 10:10 PM
    ^^^ What he said. Dealers most of the time cannot touch the heavy discounts corporate will give you.
    10-14-08 10:25 PM
    screw in store... ONLINE FTW. and its cheaper xD
    Agreed, I'm definitely going to try to hit it online, or at most, over the phone. Plus if there's a rebate, I get to hold onto the money upfront instead of waiting for them to send me a debit card like a month later.
    10-14-08 10:44 PM
    release date there will be line ups stores usually get 5-10 and employees always seem to grab them first
    I've heard from two separate sources that VZW stores will be open early the entire week of Nov 9. If they're anticipating so much business that they're opening early for the whole week, they're going to be well stocked.
    10-15-08 08:36 AM
    its going to be a very expensive phone for dealers. as is, dealers dont like giving discounts on highend phones, because their profit goes to nothing. unless its a new line on a higher teired plan, id take it with a grain of salt.
    Definitely not the way I see it. They make more money on services and addons. If you have a razr, how much can you really add? The bigger the discount, the lower the profit of course, but dealers tend to have better pricing on ALL devices, especially big 3rd party vendors like Bestbuy, Walmart and Letstalk.com. I will hopefully be getting my Bold through Bestbuy.

Dealers make more on "new contracts". This is why upgrade pricing is always more with dealers, but the same with the actual carrier.

Duvi
    10-15-08 09:11 AM
    ^^^ What he said. Dealers most of the time cannot touch the heavy discounts corporate will give you.
    Go to a corporate store and they can reserve on for you as well; also make sure your account is up to date then they will bill it to that as well.
    U can also call cust service and order it over the phone.
    S1
    10-15-08 09:16 AM

And for the record - employees cant purchase at their own stores unless their managers let them, (accessories, not phones) and not all phones are available to verizon employees on the launch date. this phone will be but their monitoring inventory levels so the customers get them first.
    10-15-08 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD