While waiting to make my purchase on Monday, a VZW rep identified as a manager showed me a list of a few "BUNDLES" that would be available for the new phone at a great discounted rate!?

2 of the 3 bundles offered a 2GB microSD....

I asked ..."why would you bundle a 2GB card for a phone that comes preinstalled with an 8GB card??"

after alot of ummms and ahh's the manager said that it could be used as a stocking stuffer...lol

After laughing at him and saying...."no thank you...that's shady...." he quickly went in search of easier prey...

any one else get this....
    11-23-08 09:22 PM
    so what if you tried to sell you something. thats there job. ive had many cases where customers would buy multiples of things like cases. memory cards or chargers. Personally i have 2 memory card a 4gb and a 2gb. all you have to say is no and thats it.
    how you see this as a rip off i dont know. considering that a lot of people buy memory cards it is something that they offered you because of the discount. because in a lot of cases the bundle ends up being cheaper then if you were to buy 3 accessories at different times.
    11-23-08 09:25 PM
    Not quite, but I'm pretty sure I was ripped off on the price of mine. I got an instant $50 off for being VIP(+ the $50 MIR). But I was also supposed to get a 25% discount from my corporate discount... which I never got. I think I maybe go back into the store and tell them I want my discount. She basically said I don't get a corp discount on it... which I didn't understand.
    11-23-08 09:26 PM
    25% off is only for accessories not phones. corporate discount dont apply to devices. you get a services discount off your monthy bill and 25% off of accessories. you may qualify for corporate phone pricing but as of right now the corporate price for the storm is the same as the consumer pricing.
    11-23-08 09:29 PM
    true but i did get the rebate waved
    11-23-08 09:30 PM
    Not quite, but I'm pretty sure I was ripped off on the price of mine. I got an instant $50 off for being VIP(+ the $50 MIR). But I was also supposed to get a 25% discount from my corporate discount... which I never got. I think I maybe go back into the store and tell them I want my discount. She basically said I don't get a corp discount on it... which I didn't understand.
    I didn't get a corp discount either; paid 200 for mine after rebate
    11-23-08 09:31 PM
    While waiting to make my purchase on Monday, a VZW rep identified as a manager showed me a list of a few "BUNDLES" that would be available for the new phone at a great discounted rate!?

I asked ..."why would you bundle a 2GB card for a phone that comes preinstalled with an 8GB card??"

after alot of ummms and ahh's the manager said that it could be used as a stocking stuffer...lol

After laughing at him and saying...."no thank you...that's shady...." he quickly went in search of easier prey...

Look at it like this,they get paid for selling accessories so that is how they feed their families etc. Some things the sell are pretty cool, I have a car charger for my Curve that lights up with a Verizon logo,for the Storm I got the cradle and a car charger that doubles as a house charger.
    11-23-08 09:32 PM
    THERE IS NO CORPORATE DISCOUNT ON THE STORM!! this goes the same for most new devices. the corporate price for the storm is the same as the 2 year contract price that a standard consumer pay.
    11-23-08 09:33 PM
    I paid 200 for the storm, i should get it tuesday i hope. I get 20%percent off the accesories and about 15 percent off the plan due to working for the school district.
    11-23-08 09:35 PM
    I completely get the "Sales" part of the job for the rep/manager...but it was kinda comical.

He has this nice print out of 3 bundles and pictures of the the Storm/case/charger/ and a 2gb microSD, or just a charger and the memory card and a generic BT headset...

I just thought it was funny...especially when all the other items had a specific and genuine benefit to the newly launched phone....

Even funnier when I asked why I would purchase a 2GB card in a bundle for a phone that comes preinstalled with an 8?

The presentation made it look like you needed the 2gb card which was misleading to the average..non-crackberry goer.

Look at it like this,they get paid for selling accessories so that is how they feed their families etc. Some things the sell are pretty cool, I have a car charger for my Curve that lights up with a Verizon logo,for the Storm I got the cradle and a car charger that doubles as a house charger.
    11-23-08 09:44 PM
    I paid 200 for the storm, i should get it tuesday i hope. I get 20 percent off the accesories and about 15 percent off the plan due to working for the school district.
    i get the same thing at my school district. althought i'm almost certain i get 18 percent on the plan and i know i get 25 percent on accessories because i just logged into the vzw website and was searching for accessories.

yep i just tried to setup a new acct, i get 18 percent off the plan as well
    11-23-08 09:55 PM
    Corporate discounts come off your bill..........................................not the purchase price of the phone unless your company, like my brother's, gets a special email that says "buy the Storm for $150 after rebate."
    11-23-08 10:22 PM
    I was able to get the Storm (which I didn't get yet) for $150 after the rebate. I was able to get the upgrade and $50 off.
    11-23-08 10:43 PM
    I paid $200 without doing a rebate. I wonder if I can still do the rebate...

The reps were doing hard sells on accessories, selling ppl extra batteries and headsets. lol I usually say no but I wanted to protect the phone so I got the snap on case, holster, and screen protector. At 25% off, I dont feel that I got robbed to get these on day one.
    11-23-08 10:49 PM
    I paid $200 without doing a rebate. I wonder if I can still do the rebate...

The reps were doing hard sells on accessories, selling ppl extra batteries and headsets. lol I usually say no but I wanted to protect the phone so I got the snap on case, holster, and screen protector. At 25% off, I dont feel that I got robbed to get these on day one.
    you might want to call that store and see if they could reprint your rebate receipt if you dont already have one. Its always a good idea to buy a case or atleast screen protectors to protect your investment. Plus its always better to buy a case before you drop it. At that point you may have already messed up the phone.
    11-23-08 10:52 PM

Yep was offered the same package, but traded the 2GB card for an additional travel charger since I travel 90% of the time.
    11-23-08 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD