Hi - I searched and couldn't find this specific problem discussed earlier, so I hope I'm not duplicating a post.

This is probably not specific to the Storm, as I had these symptoms when I had a Mobile PC as well. However, I'm hoping this helpful community can assist.

When I use DUN to connect my laptop to my Storm as a modem on Verizon, it seems to "break" my laptop's TCP/IP when I disconnect. No other connections will work (wired, wi-fi, or even reconnecting via DUN to the Storm) unless I reboot my laptop.

This is very annoying and time consuming, since it forces me to re-logon to my company's AD domain and go through all the startup scripts again, versus just reconnecting.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much!
    05-17-09 08:09 PM
    Has this always been an issue? What OS on the Storm? Are you using just DUN alone or 3rd party connection apps such as VZW Connection Manager?

Are you sure it's not a problem with your IP stack in Windows? Have you tried a winsock reset? Open up a Command Prompt and type this in... netsh winsock reset and hit enter. Reboot when prompted.
    05-17-09 08:22 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it's always been an issue - but I'm just a new user of tethering my Storm. The OS is the .75 version that came on it when I got it in December. I have tried using both the VZW Connection Manager and just DUN that I set up.

I performed your suggested reset of the IP stack to no avail.

I am stumped. I will try this on another laptop to see if it occurs there as well. Any other ideas are welcome!
    05-23-09 09:20 AM
    I reset the IP stack using this command and it seems to have fixed the problem:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
    05-23-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD