went to verizon and they transfered info and settings to new device and it did the same thing. after wiping device it worked fine. they put in my #s and pics and the device works great. if i restore the settings, it again will not let the dial pad work. only the 0 works. Any ideas?
    12-06-09 03:26 PM
    Is there a setting that disables the keypad?
    12-06-09 05:47 PM
    What apps do you have loaded?
    12-06-09 06:22 PM
    only extra from apps was quick pull. we wiped the phone and added back the restore and the keypad no longer worked, wiped it and it worked perfectly. while i was there another person came in with the same problem.
    12-06-09 06:25 PM
    moving to storm forum
    12-06-09 06:59 PM
    You might check to see if you have TTY active. From the phone screen menu>TTY. Just throwing out an idea. Let us know if you find the solution as I have read about this problem before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 03:47 AM
    TTY is not active.
    12-07-09 11:17 AM
    If something in your restore file is doing it, I would recommend doing a security wipe, getting the device clean, and then only load contacts, messages, and custom dictionary if you want. All the other settings can redone. Sounds like something in your backup is corrupted and messing with the dial pad.
    12-07-09 11:30 AM
    Mine just did the same thing. I'm new to BB and love my storm so far. I was given the BB from a friend who changed to iphone. I've had it for about a week and now this... I can't dial out except for using contacts list. When I do, I can't use the dial pad to navigate though a customer service phone menu. Arrg!

What to do?

Grant
    White Rock, BC
    12-07-09 12:49 PM
    Reinstall the OS will fix this
    12-07-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD