Dear BB peeps,

My Storm report that the on-board device memory is corrupt. It gives me this pop up message a few times a week. Started for no apparant reason, am running leaked OS 5 firmware (i cant tell you which one, my phone is now refusing to power up!) but I believe it is the very lastest leak for the 9500.

The phone then offers to repair the memory and asks if I want to recover lost clusters or whatnot, but always get "Device memory repair failed".

So , I cant access some/all files on the on board memory, my micro sd is fine. phone runs as 'normal' (aside from the ocassional crashes, battery pulls, memory leak, intermittant loudspeaker, crappy signal etc etc etc... usual stuff)

Anybody else been able to fix this? Should I / can I do a clean format, reload the os or downgrade the os to try resolve?

Thanks in advance
    01-05-10 08:58 AM
    I'm not getting any errors but even after reboot I have less than 10MB of Memory with no applications running. My question is if I run a Repair on Device Memory will this help and will I lose everything stored there?
    01-06-10 11:15 AM
    Dear BB peeps,

My Storm report that the on-board device memory is corrupt. It gives me this pop up message a few times a week. Started for no apparant reason, am running leaked OS 5 firmware (i cant tell you which one, my phone is now refusing to power up!) but I believe it is the very lastest leak for the 9500.

The phone then offers to repair the memory and asks if I want to recover lost clusters or whatnot, but always get "Device memory repair failed".

So , I cant access some/all files on the on board memory, my micro sd is fine. phone runs as 'normal' (aside from the ocassional crashes, battery pulls, memory leak, intermittant loudspeaker, crappy signal etc etc etc... usual stuff)

Anybody else been able to fix this? Should I / can I do a clean format, reload the os or downgrade the os to try resolve?

Thanks in advance
    You can try those things, but it sounds like a harware issue to me. I would call the carrier about it. Perhaps you can get a warranty replacement or repair. (I believe vodafone likes to try to repair devices)
    01-06-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD