Two days ago updated system to .148 with no problems. Today, looking into Options shows:
    Device Memory can't be read. Just before I formatted the Media Card it said "can't be read" . . . after formatting it now says 7.3mb.

Question. I can't find what is the Device Memory and don't want to format it if it takes out things I don't want removed. Would appreciate it if someone would reply with the answer or direct me to get the answer.

Thanks.
    06-06-09 02:34 PM
    still don't know what Device Memory is. Came back to the storm an hour and when I checked Memory-Device it now shows 879mb for both total and free . . .have no reasons why it now shows
    06-06-09 04:45 PM
    Did you pull the battery out after the upgrade? or since? Had you just turned on the phone, or done a battery pull right before you checked the status? Maybe that is the issue. The totals you posted for free are correct now though, so, unless the problem returns, I wouldn't worry about it.
    06-06-09 04:49 PM
    Two days ago updated system to .148 with no problems. Today, looking into Options shows:
    Device Memory can't be read. Just before I formatted the Media Card it said "can't be read" . . . after formatting it now says 7.3mb.

Question. I can't find what is the Device Memory and don't want to format it if it takes out things I don't want removed. Would appreciate it if someone would reply with the answer or direct me to get the answer.

Thanks.
    i had this happen once...I connected to PC as mass storage...right clicked on the drive..and reformatted..the device memory not the mem. card, didnt lose anything just fixed it. all numbers and everything were there.

Device mem= the phones storage....this is the storms on board memory

Memory card mem= obvioulsy the memory card
    06-06-09 04:54 PM
    I did a few resets but it still did not fix it . . .but when I looked about an hour later, there it was . . . go figure.
    06-06-09 07:26 PM
    Did you pull the battery out after the upgrade? or since? Had you just turned on the phone, or done a battery pull right before you checked the status? Maybe that is the issue. The totals you posted for free are correct now though, so, unless the problem returns, I wouldn't worry about it.
    I have tried that to fix the problem with mine. No Joy. 3 hrs after battery pull have gone from 20m to 7m with only making 3 phone calls. My system memory was much better on the old os. Even removed weather bug to see if that was the problem and having it removed just seemed to make the problem get worse.

Any Ideas?
    06-06-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD