Whats going on guys first post. So i just bought the storm yesterday and i installed the usb drives from the vzw cd then the device manager and then i plugged in my storm and on the DM it says connected and on the phone it shows the comp icon but when i click on the icons on the DM nothing happens and this is the most demorilizing thing ever since ive been trying to figure out the deal for around 5 hours now.. please hook me up i feel helpless at this point since blackberry doesent have a technical support number.. thanks again Larry
    01-15-09 08:33 PM
    First thing to check is if the USB connection is being made at all.

1. Is your battery being charged when plugged into the USB port?
    2. When you connect the BB, does the window make a bell sound?
    3. If you close the DM and plug in the phone, does the windows prompt you that a new device has been found?
    4. When you connect the blackberry via USB, does the BB prompt you if you want to use the mass storage mode?

All of the above happens when a BB is properly connected via USB. If the above is not happening, it could be a number of things.

The USB driver install went bad for some reason. To find out go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer management open it. Click device manager., navigate to Universal Serial Bus controllers and check if the USB port is turned on and functioning.

Let me know how it goes upto that point. I'll check the thread later.
    01-15-09 08:47 PM
    okay i did that and all ports are enabled but still the same problem and i tried it on my brothers laptop and it works perfectly so i did it with the firewall turned off but still the same problem and weird thing is the options and help features arent visible either..
    01-16-09 04:45 PM
    I also had the same problems with the roxio software, it's just crap software, not blackberry wearty for sure, it's very slow, freezes, unstable, both on my laptop and pc, I'm looking for replacement software, for the moment using explorer and wmp 10
    01-18-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD