Just did a device change for the first time.... just one question.... Without BBMing anyone, it usually just says they are available, and then once I bbm them, it changes to unavailable if their phone is off or whatever... after the device change, about half my contacts are showing automatically as unavailable without bbming them.... is this normal?
    08-18-09 10:03 PM
    When I did my device swap on my computer I had to manually re enter my bbm contacts. Sounds like the same thing has happened to you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 10:06 PM
    thats what i thought i would have to do, but if i BBM someone that says "available" it goes through without having to re-add them, but if I BBM someone that says "contact is unreachable" it doesnt deliver.... Usually it says available until I bbm them, and then it switches to unreachable if they are unreachable... But right now its automatically showing people as unreachable before even BBMing them...
    08-18-09 10:11 PM
    i think the problem is your BIS connection, have you tried running other IM or browser? is it working?
    08-18-09 10:15 PM
    yup browser working ok, and BBM working OK for some but not others
    08-18-09 10:17 PM
    If the contacts phone is turned off at the time you do the device change, will it automatically show on your new device if the contact is unreachable? When I do an OS upgrade, it does what im used to, start as available and then changes to unreachable when I bbm them...
    08-18-09 10:20 PM
    They need to re add YOU. See, your pin changed, and thus the link to your bbm is gone. So, they are not providing status updates to you untill you send them a message and they accept.
    08-18-09 10:22 PM
    They need to re add YOU. See, your pin changed, and thus the link to your bbm is gone. So, they are not providing status updates to you untill you send them a message and they accept.
    Just asked the 2 people I have been BBMing that it worked with (both said available at first) and they did not get a request to re-add me....
    08-18-09 10:26 PM
    Sorry, I was mistaken, it does however have to adjust your pin in their contact, thus it was reporting their status to your old pin. The fix for them is not instant, unless yous end them a message.
    08-18-09 10:30 PM
    some people I havent BBM'ed are showing as Available tho... there are about 5 that are showing as unreachable
    08-18-09 10:32 PM
    Thought I was clear enough. It doesn't change instantly for EVERYONE. slowly but surely it will update everyone else. Some contacts just got updated quicker. Nothing too exciting going on here. Send them a msg. If they don't get it, try to add them again.
    08-18-09 10:36 PM
    alrighty....
    08-18-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD