I turned my storm on this morning and have a white screen with the message app error 523 and reset directly below it. I hit the reset tab and the phone reloads and gets to the normal screen but the crashes immediately after revert back to the message as previously stated.

I have checked out recovering a nuked blackberry through the forums search tab but it does not seem to be working out for me in this instance.
    I have also tried battery pulls but I get the same result, it reloads and then crashes after a little while.

I have not installed any new apps for at least nearly 2 months, the only recent addition is updated BBM5.0, which had been working perfectly fine. I have 2 blackberry storms and both have the new msgr, the other one is still working ok.

How do I go about recovering the handset? Thank you for your assistance.
    07-26-09 02:15 PM
    I would like to help you but the only thing I know to do is to carefully follow the step by step directions found online for fixing a bricked storm. Sorry
    07-26-09 02:52 PM
    523 sounds like a corrupted OS. Wipe handheald aned reload os....
    07-26-09 02:55 PM
    I cant get the oppotunity to get to the wipe option, the phone loads and crashes back to reset option all the time. is there anything else I can try?
    07-26-09 03:29 PM
    I had the same problem twice last night but I had downloaded the new Time app and reverted to a previous theme that I guess doesn't play nice with .151.

When I connected my Storm to DM it wouldn't recognize my BB to do a restore from my backup, but luckiy I had a feeling who/what the culprits were and (not knowing if it was possible) I was able to remove the app and the theme via App Loader and removed the culprits in question.

Don't know if this helps you, but maybe you changed themes? Maybe delete BBM??
    07-26-09 04:30 PM
    07-26-09 04:33 PM
    I had the same problem twice last night but I had downloaded the new Time app and reverted to a previous theme that I guess doesn't play nice with .151.

When I connected my Storm to DM it wouldn't recognize my BB to do a restore from my backup, but luckiy I had a feeling who/what the culprits were and (not knowing if it was possible) I was able to remove the app and the theme via App Loader and removed the culprits in question.

Don't know if this helps you, but maybe you changed themes? Maybe delete BBM??
    Going to try both these now and will update shortly, thank you both
    07-26-09 04:36 PM
    App loader option is a no go, as phone crashes before I can even get to the listing of device applications, it reverts back to app error 523 straight away.
    JL_Cmder, screen is flickering red to black continously and when I select 4 which is wipe nothing happens? am I working off my laptop screen when I use it or does it interface onto my handset?
    07-26-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD