Had tor einstall Desktop Manager due to a hard drive failure. Installed 4.7 from original CD (I have a Telus Storm) and set it to automatically start when computer is booted.

When I log off and log in to test it I get an error message for desktopmgr.exe :

"This application was unable to start because product.dll was not found. Re-install the application may fix this problem."

I uninstalled and reinstalled desktop manager from the original CD. I went to blackberry.com and downloded the latest version of Desktop Manager (4.7 multilanguage with ROxio Media Manager). During that install I got an error that there were problems installing my hardware. Plus still the same "product.dll not found" error.

I've searched the web - others have had this happen but no one offered a solution. Has anyone run into this issue before? Any ideas on how to fix?

TIA - R.
    05-07-09 09:38 PM
    Hmm. Have you tried to REPAIR INSTALATion in the control panel under ADD REMOVE programs? If you have installed and reinstalled from the disk and from online, I'd say your computer software is suspect and not the desktop manager. Definately call your service provider.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 09:58 PM
    Actually the solution was a little easier than that.

When I originally installed Desktop Manager I didn't set it to load automatically with Windows. I changed that by creating a shortcut to desktopmgr.exe in the Startup folder - except that in error I copied the ensire file there. Removing Desktop Manager suing Add/Remove Programs didn't remove the file I'd put in the Startup folder, and that orphaned file was causing the problem.

I deleted that file, now all is good. Reinstalled Desktop Manager v7 and it all works.

- R.
    05-07-09 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD