As of last night I have been unable to get my DM to recognize that my bb is connected. I tried all three USB ports, reboot, removal of DM (registry and all), reinstall of DM and nothing worked. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
    12-06-08 06:47 AM
    I've had this happen in the past. I have no idea what OS you're running, or even if it's Windows. However, I'll tell you I'm running Windows Vista on a VAIO, and had to uninstall completely (I use RevoUninstaller which is free) and then reinstall.

I have no idea why it worked but I tried everything else first. This may not even be your problem, but it's a possible solution. Good luck!
    12-06-08 06:54 AM
    Thank you for the reply and for reminding me I need to give some more specifics.

Windows XP sp2 and Leaked .75 are what I am running. I want to state that I have been running the leaked since DN posted it for us and have not had a problem until last night, so I don't think that is it.

I did a complete uninstall and registry entry removal as per the instructions on blackberry's site, will revo help beyond that process?
    12-06-08 07:01 AM
    I think I may have bigger problems. I think the usb port on the device may have gone wonky (technical term). I just noticed that my phone did not charge overnight despite being hooked to the wall charger. It shows the lightening icon over the power meter, but is not charging up.
    12-06-08 08:02 AM
    I have had the same problem with DM not recognizing the Storm and not charging despite being plugged in. A battery pull solved it for me.
    12-06-08 08:28 AM
    Thanks bimmerbenz, not sure wth I was thinking. Maybe this is why you don't drink and storm. I thought I had done a battery pull but didn't apparently. It is now working.
    12-06-08 08:45 AM
    I am also having issues with DM communicating with my Storm. Slightly different though. DM sees and identifies the phone. Screen on phone shows that they are linked. When I select sync, it begins the process, but the icons on the phone disappear and clock returns, sync stalls and you cannot select anything in DM or cancel. Only way out is to disconnect the phone and start over, usually getting same failed result. Every so often, sync proceeds without issue. Any suggestions?

Phone has official .75 update (same problem existed before update). Computer running XP sp2. Have done reinstall of DM and battery pull.

Thanks!
    12-06-08 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD