Hey everyone, I am a new BB user, and I am having a little trouble. I am running Desktop Manager version 4.7.0.25 on Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. The problem I am having is trying to get Desktop Manager to detect my Storm, but it will not. Windows detects if fine, but not the software. I have searched in these forums and searched on the web for a solution, but everything I have found wasn't successful. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling it 4 times, I've updated the drivers in Device Manager, I've enabled regsvr32 in the command prompt, but it still won't detect it. If anyone can help me with this I will greatly appreciate it because I need to transfer my music and videos to my phone.
    12-18-08 04:23 PM
    VISTA - that's the problem.
    It's probably a driver issue - search the forum a little you may need to install the drivers
    12-18-08 04:55 PM
    I tried installing the drivers and they worked fine, but it still won't detect it this really sucks, is there another way to transfer music and video
    12-18-08 05:34 PM
    bump.....no one has an answer
    12-19-08 04:56 PM
    I am having the same issue and am not using Vista. I am running XP, so can confirm that Vista is NOT the culprit.
    12-22-08 05:17 AM
    I believe you have to run the file as an Admin
    12-22-08 07:22 AM
    VISTA - that's the problem.
    It's probably a driver issue - search the forum a little you may need to install the drivers
    Vista isn't the problem. I have DM 4.7 running on Microsoft Vista Home Premium perfectly fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 07:26 AM
    Not sure why DM is not recognizing your phone, I am using Vista Home Premium 64 as well and have not encountered this problem.

If anyone can help me with this I will greatly appreciate it because I need to transfer my music and videos to my phone.
    Search the forum for putting your phone in Mass Media Mode, this will enable you to transfer your multimedia files without using DM.
    12-22-08 07:31 AM
    Have you configured DM's connection, i.e., USB port, or Bluetooth, etc., to the device/Blackberry?

I believe Options menu, Connection Settings...
    12-22-08 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD