no luck here either. "* Sorry, the file is temporarily unavailable, please try again later or contact the webmaster."...like we can truly do that!
    11-17-08 08:05 PM
    I downloaded it early this morning, with no problem. Roxio takes a little while longer. Got the 4.7...but no storm to use with!
    11-17-08 10:31 PM
    It's back up, but it's down loading slllllloooooooooowwwwwwww.. I'm having a dial up flashback.....

212m this is a biggie, 4.5 was a whopping 193m
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 11-17-08 at 11:10 PM.
    11-17-08 10:53 PM
    version 4.7 when I go to the app loader to look at my options that I have installed like OS information the only thing that is in there is my apps that I had installed like my games nothing else where on 4.5 it would show me everything that was installed on there anybody have it up and running yet to see if they have the same problem.
    11-17-08 11:01 PM
    The links are working. Just downloaded now.
    11-18-08 05:28 AM
    Will that work on Apple MAC?

Will Blackberry storm be compitable to Apple Mac??? If not, is there an software to get bb n mac to be compitable?

Im getting the storm very soon....
    11-18-08 08:22 AM
    I found it impossible to install the Storm Desktop Manager 4.7 from the supplied CD ROM on my computer which has the Windows Vista operating system. No problems at all installing on my colleagues machine which runs XP?

No problems at all installing 4.7 from Blackberry's website though. Strange but true!
    11-18-08 08:35 AM
    I got 4.7 downloaded and installed with no problem. However, getting the newest version of Media Sync was another story. Finally, got it just now after trying all day yesterday.

Very excited about Media Sync upgrade since I have Vista 64-bit and the previous version didn't support it. Syncing now!
    11-18-08 08:37 AM
    Got it downloaded and installed, I was running late and didn't want to risk losing my existing backups, so I installed it right over version 4.3, the new UI is nice, Roxio IS bloated and intrusive, (wouldn't launch until I gave it a one time phone home permission), it also asks to do a media scan on your pc, which I promptly DENIED..
    It did recognize my pearl running 4.3 fine and I drug a pic and song back and forth to the internal memory and card, so it'll fit it's needs, (probably won't get launched again for another 6 months).
    DM itself worked seemlessly, did a backup, did a sync all is right and ready for the Storm,,,,EXCEPT the OS, gonna have to get the newest 4.7 up and on here.
    If I get a chance later, i'll get a mirror host for this up on fantom's, since the RIM server seems to be a little overworked and under powered...
    11-18-08 08:37 AM
    Just an FYI, just downloaded without any problems!
    11-18-08 08:55 AM
    I just downloaded, and it seemed to go fine, but when I tried to do a backup on my Pearl (running 4.5), it looked fine until the very end, when it just popped up an error message saying the backup had failed. No explanation at all. It had seemed to be running through all the normal steps, databases, etc., until the status bar was almost completely full, then it failed. What now?
    11-18-08 09:13 AM
    More info: It gets to backing up "Messages" and that's when it fails. It says "Error backing up databases." Anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks so much!
    11-18-08 09:32 AM
    Same "error message" here.....?
    11-18-08 09:36 AM
    I'm sorry to sound stupid, but I'm not sure what you mean by "delete my databases." Any chance you could point me to the other thread, or provide more details? I don't like the sound of it! Thanks....
    11-18-08 09:56 AM
    OK, so I went to advanced (on desktop manager) and scrolled to the messages database (since that was the one it seemed to have a problem with), and hit clear. The I did a backup, and it worked. I can't figure out what I have lost. I still have saved sms messages. I use gmail, so all my google mail messages are saved elsewhere. Anyone know what I actually cleared?
    11-18-08 10:16 AM
    Ok A noob question:

When I got to the downlaod page for 4.7, I had options to select 4.7 without Media, 4.7 with meida, USb drivers ETC.

I don't have a BB yet, so
    I downloaded & installed 4.7 with media.

DO I need to go back andd Download usb Drivers ETC?
    11-18-08 01:11 PM
    Ok A noob question:

When I got to the downlaod page for 4.7, I had options to select 4.7 without Media, 4.7 with meida, USb drivers ETC.

Good question, I wondered the same thing.
    11-18-08 01:25 PM
    Ok A noob question:

No..
    11-18-08 01:30 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD