I finally took the dive to the darkside and picked up a Storm. Very happy with it so far and am really excited to open up all the possibilities of owning a blackberry. I am usually a big supporter of the search feature when you first join forums, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

When I send emails from my phone with photo attachments I get the Delivery status notification back saying "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: ..."

Not sure if I didn't get my email set up correctly, using a gmail account. All of the other standard text only messages I send go through without any problems.

Second question is it standard to receive a copy of the email you are sending on your phone as well...is there a way to disable that?
    02-16-09 03:51 PM
    I finally took the dive to the darkside and picked up a Storm. Very happy with it so far and am really excited to open up all the possibilities of owning a blackberry. I am usually a big supporter of the search feature when you first join forums, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

When I send emails from my phone with photo attachments I get the Delivery status notification back saying "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: ..."

Not sure if I didn't get my email set up correctly, using a gmail account. All of the other standard text only messages I send go through without any problems.

Second question is it standard to receive a copy of the email you are sending on your phone as well...is there a way to disable that?
    I don't know what the problem is with the email, you may have to set it up again. And you can do that on line at https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw.

You will need to create a filter for your email. Press the little filter icon and then select a name (email) then select from field. Save it then do not change the first page!!! You should not be getting emails from yourself. This happens only with Google.
    02-16-09 04:46 PM
    I was able to find a support on the email forwarding and set up a filter, so I think I got that taken care of. As for the attachments and mail failures, still digging around for that.

Thanks for the reply and help.
    02-16-09 04:48 PM
    Maybe the email you sent to was bad....or mispelled
    02-16-09 04:50 PM
    Maybe the email you sent to was bad....or mispelled
    That was my first reaction, but I have been testing with my yahoo mails sending pictures from the autoshow.
    02-16-09 05:03 PM
    Is your email setup correctly on the bis?
    02-16-09 05:04 PM
    To be honest I really don't know. I followed an instruction sheet from my verizon store and have been able to send emails without attachments without any hang up.

I went through the setup/email settings/Add and so on.

*edit*

This is the message link I receive: mail. google. com/ support/ bin/ answer.py?answer=69585 - spaces added to get around the 10 post min for links.

So gmail is basically seeing this as spam and not putting it through. Since I am a graphic designer and will be sending a lot of photos to clients, this kinda worries me if this is going to happen any time I need to send an attachment on the fly.
    Last edited by droppixel; 02-16-09 at 06:07 PM.
    02-16-09 05:15 PM
    Login into the BIS at BlackBerry Internet Service
    Then setup your email from there......you are gonna have problems logging in at first so go to your email settings on the phone and create a username and password the one that will let you login into BIS
    02-16-09 06:07 PM
    After multiple attempts, finally got through that. Before it wasn't finishing the user name process so I technically didn't have a user name and password when I was trying to log-in. I was able to get, from the BIS I deleted the gmail account and re-set it up and added the filter to not forward messages from me to the device.

Sent an email from that address to my yahoo account with a photo attachment to test. Waiting to see if it kicks back. I also put in an email to gmail support with the header from one of the previous failed messages. Hopefully this all works.

Thanks so much for helping me out here! I will keep posted on the situation.

*edit*

Set up a @vzw.blackberry.net account in addition to my gmail. Sent the same message from that email to yahoo about 10 minutes after sending it from the gmail account on the phone - that has arrived with the photo attachment, while the gmail is still....out in the interwebz limbo. Guess I will just have to use the @vzw for attachments and I can use the gmail for all others. Thanks for the help again.
    Last edited by droppixel; 02-16-09 at 08:31 PM.
    02-16-09 08:13 PM
    I am having a similar issue with gmail. Attachments usually fail, and if they do get sent after multiple attempts it takes a while (and about 10 resends). I think it must be something with the BIS service and the way it communicates with gmail.
    02-19-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD