Ok, I've searched this forum and cannot find how to accomplish a multiple delete on the e-mail inbox. On the 8830 I could just high light the e-mails that I wanted to delete by holding down the shift key and rolling the trackball over them and then click delete. Easy.

How do I delete multiple e-mails from the Storm? This one-at-a-time is too time consuming.

Thanks,
    HH
    02-19-09 05:21 AM
    Use one finger and hold it over the top email. (no clicking)

Use another finger and hold it over the last email. (also no clicking)

The emails in between should light up and now you can bulk delete.

You can also choose to delete by day. Hold a finger over previous days (still no clicking!), wait until it's selected, hit the menu key, and delete previous.
    02-19-09 05:30 AM
    Thanks.... worked great!!!

HH
    02-19-09 06:54 AM
    you are most welcome
    02-19-09 07:12 AM
    some great tips there, these things arn't in any manuals i've read...
    02-19-09 08:22 AM
    Use one finger and hold it over the top email. (no clicking)

Use another finger and hold it over the last email. (also no clicking)

The emails in between should light up and now you can bulk delete.

You can also choose to delete by day. Hold a finger over previous days (still no clicking!), wait until it's selected, hit the menu key, and delete previous.
    Very good tip I also noticed, if you haven't figured it out already, that once you have all on the screen highlighted you can take both fingers of and just start scrolling down and it should comtinue to highlight all the emails as you scroll. Then you can delete all of them at once.
    02-19-09 08:59 AM
    That tip and many more are in that "Storm Tips and Tricks" thread.
    02-19-09 09:15 AM
    That tip and many more are in that "Storm Tips and Tricks" thread.
    I just havn't read it

I am a bloke....
    02-19-09 09:24 AM
    If you want to wipe out the whole mailbox, or from a certain date going back, you can also select/screen-click on the bar that displays the date in your e-mail box, select "Full Menu" then click on "Delete Prior." This will delete any messages that are listed below the current date displayed on the date bar.

I've noticed that on the two Storms I've used (BOGO and the original I had) the "Full Menu" feature when clicking on the date bar has acted a little differently. On my original Storm you only clicked "Full Menu" the first time you ever accessed it, then every time you would screen-click on the date bar, the "Full Menu" would already pop up. On the BOGO Storm I got now, I have to select the date bar and click "Full Menu" every time I want to use "Delete Prior," which isn't that bad, 2 clicks can clear out my entire mailbox.
    02-19-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD