I'm trying to set up my wife's Storm so she can use the DM redirector on her work computer.

Question is: I initially set up her Storm to receive work mail through her webmail account. Now that she'll be set up with the redirector, does she need to delete the old pop mail service on her phone?

I'm guessing that the redirector will push her mail through exchange to her phone and the pop setup will give her duplicate e-mails? Am I wrong?
    Last edited by mdberry; 12-12-08 at 09:48 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
    12-11-08 11:00 AM
    I used Redirector and it works very well, however I beleive POP3 might be the better way to do it IF you want to be able to delete email from your Exchange Inbox. I'd use POP3 if it was available with our Exchange system.

Redirector works independantly from Exchange and must be left on all the time.

But yeah, if you're' going to use Redirector, then delete the POP3 account, otherwise you'll probably end up with dupes.
    12-11-08 11:29 AM
    Dont use redirector if you have the webmail option -- the webmail option gives you wireless reconciliation of everything, with redirector you lose that functionality completely.
    12-11-08 12:58 PM
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up guys.
    12-12-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD