I was playing around with my folders and renaming them and noticed when I changed the name on my Instant Messaging folder, the default folder icon with the BB messenger bubble on it disappeared. I've tried adding it back but with no luck as it isn't an option when you create a new folder or edit an existing one. It doesn't allow you to choose the default folder icons. Any ideas?

Lesson #1-Don't change the name of a default folder on the device.
    03-05-09 09:49 AM
    did you try BB key > Options > Reset Icon Arrangement ?

this will reset also the order and everything...
    03-05-09 09:51 AM
    When you go into edit folder...next to the name, click on the folder icon and it will bring up other icons... the bb one is at the bottom
    03-05-09 09:52 AM
    I did the same stupid thing w/ my games folder, thought that if i changed it to the red outline folder it would still have the game controller in the middle, nope. Now, I can't get it back.

I had a feeling the reset icon arrangement would completely un-do all my folder movements and hides, not doing that.
    03-05-09 09:54 AM
    Thanks for the posts. I finally figured it out by doing the Reset Icon Arrangement on the Option screen. It did change all of the folders back to the default so I had to take 5 minutes and reorganize everything but now I have my IM folder back. Wonder why they don't let you choose of the default folders for a new folder.
    03-06-09 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD