I tried one of the hybrid OS's. Somehow in the switch, one of my settings much have changed and I cannot figure out how to get it back. So, I went back to .75 and that didn't help.

I have 4 email addresses on the Storm. Before I upgraded, I could go into my Yahoo account, start a new email and it would be the default address. Then I could go into my gmail account and it would be it's own default address. I never had to manually choose the "Send Using" address. It chose it based on which email folder I was in.

Now I every time I compose a new email, I have to choose the "Send Using" address or it will send it from my default address.

I have re-sent the service books and done a battery pull. No change.

Ideas?
    03-19-09 08:41 AM
    I'm not so sure that it bases it on folder - it may base the account selection on your contact. If I leave it on default, then enter a contact, the send from changes to the address that I use for that contact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 09:32 AM
    Try this not sure if it was your looking for...Options-->Advanced Options-->Default Services-->Change Messaging...wait for maybe others to confirm dont want to screw you up.
    03-19-09 09:38 AM
    Try this not sure if it was your looking for...Options-->Advanced Options-->Default Services-->Change Messaging...wait for maybe others to confirm dont want to screw you up.
    i have mine set up there and it still always says default.. no matter if i compose through messages or my 2 email inboxes.
    03-19-09 09:43 AM
    That will change the default email address.

What I am looking for is when I go into my Yahoo address and send an email, it will default to that Yahoo address. Then if I go into my gmail address and send an email, it will default to that gmail address. All automatically. Mine used to do that before the OS upgrade. I lost that with the upgrade and also it is not there when I went back to .75.
    03-19-09 09:52 AM
    Crap, not only do I have the above issue, I also have lost two way reconcile with my Yahoo account. I have deleted it several times with no success. I can get/send emails, but it will not download old emails. Also, if I delete an email on my PC (yahoo website), it does not delete on my Storm.
    03-19-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD