Thank you for viewing and those who take the time to answer my question(s). I am debating the purchasing the Storm but there are a few things I was wondering in order to make my final decision.

1.) Can I still hook it up to my laptop and sync Outlook contacts, calendar, and tasks?

2.) Does it have Blackberry messenger

3.) I see everyone talking about Yahoo and Gmail but can you set up the email accounts like I do on my 8830 so they just come through auto. for all my account (AOL, gmail, yahoo, work, and personal web site email)?

4.) Do you think it is worth waiting till Dec 6th when I can do my annual upgrade? Will the phones maybe have a lot of the "bugs" worked out. I'm not a technical person so I know those things would drive me nuts because I would get too annoyed.

5.) Are there any woman (or men whos girlfriend has) who has or has played on one of these? Do nails get in the way? It is like the iPhone where you can't use your nail to tap on things you must use the pad of your finger?

Thanks again for everyone's help, support, and opinions.
    Brooke
    11-22-08 06:27 PM
    YES to all of the above .
    11-22-08 06:28 PM
    I don't know the answers to all your questions but I'll give it a shot.

1) I don't know for sure but I believe it does.

2) Absolutely does

3) Absolutely can

4) Absolutely worth the wait as thats only 2 weeks away and its hard to track them down right now anyways

5) Nails don't work well with this device.
    11-22-08 06:29 PM
    Thank you for viewing and those who take the time to answer my question(s). I am debating the purchasing the Storm but there are a few things I was wondering in order to make my final decision.

1.) Can I still hook it up to my laptop and sync Outlook contacts, calendar, and tasks?

3.) I see everyone talking about Yahoo and Gmail but can you set up the email accounts like I do on my 8830 so they just come through auto. for all my account (AOL, gmail, yahoo, work, and personal web site email)?

4.) Do you think it is worth waiting till Dec 6th when I can do my annual upgrade? Will the phones maybe have a lot of the "bugs" worked out. I'm not a technical person so I know those things would drive me nuts because I would get too annoyed.

5.) Are there any woman (or men whos girlfriend has) who has or has played on one of these? Do nails get in the way? It is like the iPhone where you can't use your nail to tap on things you must use the pad of your finger?

Brooke
    yes,yes, yes, yes, wouldn't know. Cut them if they do!
    11-22-08 06:33 PM

yes...unless your Outlook is linked to a server/provider that won't allow it

of course!

I have yahoo, gmail, work (Outlook) working great with mine. Don't see you having a problem with this...

I don't have an issue with bugs. If something is wrong, more than likely its me as this device has a lot of variances for navigating menus and apps

Also, your annual upgrade will save you some $$$. I was able to get my mail-in-rebate instantly...

can't help you here...the Storm screen operation just "feels" different than an iPhone so I try to approach it as what it was designed as - a Blackberry. By doing this I have realized that the Storm was designed very well and the learning curve is relative to that. I am still finding settings and variances that have greatly improved the pleasure of using one!

Brooke
    hope some of that helps in your decision...
    11-22-08 06:38 PM
    Cut them if they do!
    But only the thumbnails!
    11-22-08 06:59 PM

Brooke
    I have medium length acrylic nails and it was very hard to type on the screen. I was so disapointed. Even though it was hard, I ordered one anyway and shortened my thumb nails to a much shorter length in hopes that it will make a difference. It definately requires skin touch. Mine should be here Monday so I will work hard getting used to it. Can get rid of the nails....I own a salon and its my livelyhood.
    11-22-08 07:40 PM

1.) Can I still hook it up to my laptop and sync Outlook contacts, calendar, and tasks? Yes

2.) Does it have Blackberry messenger Yes

3.) I see everyone talking about Yahoo and Gmail but can you set up the email accounts like I do on my 8830 so they just come through auto. for all my account (AOL, gmail, yahoo, work, and personal web site email)? Yes definitely

4.) Do you think it is worth waiting till Dec 6th when I can do my annual upgrade? Will the phones maybe have a lot of the "bugs" worked out. I'm not a technical person so I know those things would drive me nuts because I would get too annoyed. Yes again

Brooke

I'm a lady and when the iPhone came out I wanted it bad. I tried typing on it and omg it just didnt work. I have acrylic nails. They are not long but long enough to stop me from typing on the phone. It just didnt work. I was disappointed but didnt get the phone not only because it wouldnt work with my nails, but because the phone was also too big! I came on here a few months ago when I got the bold. Gorgeous phone, gorgeous screen, a serious business phone. IIt was lovely and I had no problems with it. Saw the Storm coming out didnt think anything of it cos it was a touch screen and I had resigned myself tothe fact that touchscreens and nails dont work. I got caught up in the hype and bagged myself a Storm as soon as it came out last week. I had never seen a demo version or even a dummy of it and was buying this 18month contract completely blind. I got the phone on Saturday last week, turned it on and was blown away by its beauty. It feels so nice in your hand. So comfortable (compared to the wider Bold). But my nails were too long. I got the nail clippers and cut my nails! Next day went to the nail bar and got a refil but my nails are considerbly shorter than I've ever had them. I have no regrets for what I did and a week later I still love this phone. So yes, put your name down for the Storm in December. You can still have nice nails and have the Storm. I love it to bits! Sorry for the long post but men don't understand these things, and I just wanted to convey how worth it it really is
    11-22-08 07:56 PM
    Thank you all for the replies and information ya'll have provided me. My nails are rather short (yes they are fake ) but I have a nail appt. the day before I plan to get the phone so I will have her do them very short (like when I was getting contacts HAHA). I look forward to everyone posting their likes and dislikes of the phone. I know ya'll all say to form your own opinion but I must be honest a good third of my thoughts do come from the reviews. Thanks again and enjoy your phones.
    Brooke
    11-22-08 08:25 PM
    Nails don't work AT ALL on the Storm touchscreen..

So to use the storm you would have to retrain your typing skills (to using finger tips) if you are used to using your nails to type.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 12:59 PM
    i am ex curve user-got a syorm -love it , love it love love it love love it -get the message?!
    11-23-08 01:36 PM
    oops sorry meant storm -typed from my laptop!!!
    11-23-08 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD