I have not used my Storm in several months - using my Curve. A neighbor has asked to try it out and, of course, it is deader than a doornail! (to use an old expression).

Following advice from Crackberry, I have had it plugged into the wall charger for about 14 hours now and nothing. It will work for about 10 seconds (work meaning show a screen) and then says battery drained, closing down. The LED is kind of red/green.

Is it possible to just buy a new battery for this or is the trash can the best place?

Thanks for your help.
    11-01-09 07:37 AM
    I would try doing a battery pull while its plugged into the wall charger.

My battery totally drained once and this is how I got it to take a charge...hope it works for you
    11-01-09 07:40 AM
    I agree. Angmoe is right. I've had this happen to two different blackberries (8830 and 9530) and if you plug it in, then do a battery pull, it should fix the issue. If it doesn't (wait a few minutes to get the charge going) then go ahead and get a battery. They don't cost much.
    11-01-09 07:46 AM
    Did the battery pull with the Storm plugged into the charger. Had done it not plugged in so hope this has better results.

What I have now is no LED of any color, a white screen, a picture of a battery with a lightening bolt across it. Not sure what that means but it is different so I will let it go and see what happens.

Thanks so much for the fast responses. Love coming here for answers!
    11-01-09 07:56 AM
    That means it charging now. You should be good to go
    11-01-09 08:14 AM
    OK - it has been three hours. Still have the charging symbol with no LED activity.

Patience is not my thing - so how long does this usually take - 24 hours? Some clue would help me out.

Thanks again.
    11-01-09 11:09 AM
    How many months has the phone been dead for? Maybe it is time for a new battery? Batteries will only last so long and believe it or not, if you leave them sitting there for a long period of time, they can go to waste.
    11-01-09 11:12 AM
    I had another phone that did the same thing - haven't used in probably a year, but then when I plugged it in it got stuck in a boot loop. I literally had to leave it on the charger for about 45 minutes before it would even fully boot.

Since you can charge the phone while it's off, have you tried unplugging it and holding the red key a few seconds to turn it on?
    11-01-09 01:15 PM
    If none of the above works, yet gettingna new battery. If none of that works, you can always ship the phone to me and I'll try to fix it. I wouldn't charge you anything and I won't void your warranty/take it apart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD