For quite some time now my data has always just stopped working at random points, for some reason I believe its facebook. Everyday my phone restarts a bit before I get up so everything is functioning nicely, but about half way through the day I will notice the browser just sits, or I am no longer getting emails. When this happens I always notice that my 1XEV is actually 1xev telling me my data is not currently working, so I have to go into manage connections turn data off and on and I am good to go.

This isn't the biggest problem in the world and that's why I have lived with it for so long but someone else has to have this problem as well.
    06-29-09 08:09 AM
    I was having the same problem, then mine just quit working and wouldn't come back. Verizon did everything under the sun to figure it out and finally just replaced the phone.
    06-29-09 08:13 AM
    I was having the same problem, then mine just quit working and wouldn't come back. Verizon did everything under the sun to figure it out and finally just replaced the phone.
    Thats not the response i wanted to see =( i do not want a refurb at all cost! They always always always!!!! work like crap and you were better off with your broken phone.
    06-29-09 08:15 AM
    yeah I get that too. Seems to happen to me every time I tether with it. When I disconnect from tethering it goes to 1xev. Really really annoying. I think it is a .148 thing
    06-29-09 08:49 AM
    I'd like to know if anyone has an answer to this. The same thing happens to my partner's phone, except he doesn't have facebook and his never drops to 1xev. I just see that his bbm contact says unavailable and he can go a very long time without getting mail before noticing, (he doesn't get much mail and it doesn't affect his web browsing, just bbm, pin msgs, and email-essentially all bis data). He also does not need to do a batt pull to fix it-just turning his phone off and on is usually sufficient; however, it is inconvenient. Any ideas? He's on the official telus .122, and doesn't have time to be updating/trying out a new OS all the time. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 08:51 AM
    I'd like to know if anyone has an answer to this. The same thing happens to my partner's phone, except he doesn't have facebook and his never drops to 1xev. I just see that his bbm contact says unavailable and he can go a very long time without getting mail before noticing, (he doesn't get much mail and it doesn't affect his web browsing, just bbm, pin msgs, and email-essentially all bis data). He also does not need to do a batt pull to fix it-just turning his phone off and on is usually sufficient; however, it is inconvenient. Any ideas? He's on the official telus .122, and doesn't have time to be updating/trying out a new OS all the time. Any ideas?

hmm I would say maybe wipe both phones and try reinstalling...that or maybe use .148 (telus is CDMA right?) if cdma, if not maybe .141 for gsm...
    06-29-09 08:53 AM
    Mine and my brothers does this occasionally... it is very annoying. I haven't found a fix for it yet.
    06-29-09 09:16 AM
    Mine does too. I believe it is related to tethering. Very annoying.

06-29-09 09:21 AM
    i have the same problem.... i do not tether.... i just downgraded to .132 and i havent had as many disconnects as .148..... it was happening like 8+ times a day, with .132 it might happen once.
    06-29-09 09:24 AM
    i had the same problem 3 weeks ago. Then, I called Verizon and they asked me to resend service books. They found that my data is not correctly registered in one of their settings, or whatever. But again, this happened on the replacement storm that i got due to the touch screen damage on the original storm.

BTW, the replacement storm is indeed refurbished, but I got a good one since it looks quite new and is not crappy at all.
    06-29-09 09:28 AM
    i had the same problem 3 weeks ago. Then, I called Verizon and they asked me to resend service books. They found that my data is not correctly registered in one of their settings, or whatever. But again, this happened on the replacement storm that i got due to the touch screen damage on the original storm.

BTW, the replacement storm is indeed refurbished, but I got a good one since it looks quite new and is not crappy at all.
    They all look brand new; you�re not supposed to know they are refurbed. They will normally work fine at first but always die out. It's the same reason you never buy a refurb laptop, once one part goes bad it�s bound to affect the rest of it and have the effects lay in later.

I also do not tether as well, and I am on .148
    06-29-09 09:43 AM

Ill try resending my books and i guess post in a few days o.0?
    06-29-09 09:44 AM
    I think it is os related or something on the bis end if people that don't tether are having the same issue.
    06-29-09 10:41 AM
    I am going to blame it on the OS version...bring on a leak!!!
    06-29-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD