My Storm is acting strange with regards to it accessing anything on the data network. Best way to describe it, is that it seems like the data connection needs some nudging, or priming before it will actually access the network.

For example, in the browser, when I try to visit a website, I'll press GO and it takes a good 20-25 seconds before the data arrow begins to flash in upper corner and load the website. The progress bar at the bottom of the screen stays on Requesting until it's almost full to the right before it actually does anything.

I've also noticed that other programs will just time out, if the data connection is not first "warmed up" with another program. For Facebook to upload a photo, I have to first load a website in the browser to get data working, then it'll upload fine. If I don't do that, then it just says it couldn't be uploaded.

Same with Pandora - it says I have no connection, until I load a website to initiate the data connection.

Any clue what's going on? Battery pulls do not fix this issue.

I'm running Lyricidal's Beta6v7 hybrid.
    10-18-09 11:38 AM
    Hmm. This seems very odd. As far as cellular coverage, how many bars do you have when this is happening?

Have you tried doing *228 option 2, and then after that, re-registering your device?

This may help as well.
    10-18-09 11:44 AM
    Sounds like your in a poor coverage area. This happens to me at home. I get almost 0 signal but yet I can still access the web but it takes a little bit for it to load everything.
    10-18-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD