So I have a Storm 9530 got it in January its been working well, but for the past month or so it has had a dark spot on the screen. its near the top and about the size of the tip of my thumb, funny because its right where I touch to scroll up or down, It kinda looks like a dirty finger mark but its in the screen for sure. I have replaced the screen protector like a million times and never not had one on it. The rep at the verizon store said i could get a replacement "re condition" phone.

So my two questions are, 1. whats the spot?
    2. what kind of condition would a re condition phone be in. would or could the screen be scratched up or loose?
    11-09-09 07:34 PM
    I can only think of two possible reasons why there is a dark spot.

1. Dirt has physically got under the screen. I doubt it but this used to happen to my old curve.
    2. Something pressed hard on your screen bruising it. Maybe while in your pocket or something.

That's all I can think of...

The reconditioning usually means that they will take it in and replace the part for you.
    11-09-09 07:49 PM
    the phone verizon sent me as a replacement was a refurb, it was in fairly good condition, no visible scratches, but the one they sent me had a few burnt out pixels and the colors were off. So I called and got another one, this one was in much better condition and thus far working perfectly. SO I think it is a toss up as to the replacement phone condition.
    11-09-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD