Hey everyone, I'm new to the whole blackberry world and really do love the Storm that I have. There is just one little annoyance that I do have...

I decided to add a custom ringtone for some of my friends and family. Later, when I got a text message from one of my friends, the message tone had reverted back to old blackberry sound. Pretty much If I set a custom ringtone, I have to set a custom message tone too. So i just assigned the 'custom' message tone to my the main text message town I have for everyone. No biggie.

The issue I have now is that if a friend has a custom 'message' tone, it plays that message for SMS, MMS, & e-mail.. While in the surface it isnt a big deal, the great part about custom ringtones is knowing who is calling you. Now it seems no matter what message comes from people with custom profiles it plays the same sound. With all the advanced default options in the BB for setting up a different sound for everything under the sun, it seems odd that these same options arent available in creating custom sounds for contacts.

Anyone have a fix on this? or remarks? Thanks a lot!
    01-05-09 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD