So I thought I'd give this a try and it worked!

I cut and edited "we're in this together" by NIN this morning. Cut the chorus with a fade-in/fade-out to 30 secs.

Put it up behind my site, and pointed my BB storm browser to the .mp3 file.

It asked me to open/save/cancel. Also with the option of setting it it as my ringtone.

SO sweet!
    Last edited by mkcawcutt; 01-07-09 at 11:01 AM.
    01-07-09 10:39 AM
    Tip: you might not want to post a shared mp3 file from your own webserver (for legal and bandwidth reasons). An anonymous file sharing service is better.
    01-07-09 10:59 AM
    I've been making my own ringtones for years... But i do it an easier way... I used to dj and have a program called Virtual dj, from there i just load an mp3 clip and record the part i want as a ringtone then save the file on my pc...

Then hook my storm up, paste that saved file into my storms sounds file on the memory card and disconnect it...

After that i just send it to myself as a MMS and save it as a ringtone...

You can use just about any mp3 editing software...
    01-07-09 11:01 AM
    Thanks for the heads up.
    01-07-09 11:01 AM
    I use audacity to chop the MP3 and IMToo convertor to convert the chopped wav file back to MP3. after that I drop it right into the ringtone folder on the SD card and voila, custom ringtones.
    01-07-09 11:02 AM
    The sun rises in the East.
    01-07-09 11:21 AM
    So I thought I'd give this a try and it worked!

I cut and edited "we're in this together" by NIN this morning. Cut the chorus with a fade-in/fade-out to 30 secs.

Put it up behind my site, and pointed my BB storm browser to the .mp3 file.

It asked me to open/save/cancel. Also with the option of setting it it as my ringtone.

SO sweet!
    Can I get a copy of that ring tone? haha
    01-07-09 11:24 AM
    i made a ringtone that is about a minute long and its basically a quick little mix of a few songs...im a DJ myself, so mashing up songs isnt that tough. its just nice to be able to have a ringtone that no one else has. honestly--if you'd like a custom ringtone, I would be more than happy to make one for you. just email me @ [email protected] and put "ringtone" in the subject.
    01-07-09 11:26 AM
    Can I get a copy of that ring tone? haha
    Ditto. PM or e-mail please.

Also does anyon have the "We'll do it LIVE!" ringtone. I heard there was a 45 sec ringtone floating around but have been unable to find it.
    01-07-09 11:28 AM
    The sun rises in the East.
    Hence the reason why this coast is superior.
    01-07-09 11:29 AM
    not to ask a dumb question, but why not just get a song from your library. Why cut it?
    01-07-09 11:31 AM
    not to ask a dumb question, but why not just get a song from your library. Why cut it?
    Why use up the extra space on your storage card when you only need a 30 second sample for a ringtone? Besides the beginning part of most songs would suck as a ringtone. Usually the chorus is used.
    01-07-09 11:35 AM
    well if you grab a song from your library, then the ringtone will start from the beginning of the song. some of us want to hear specific parts of a song, in my case--songs. I also export the recorded file as a .mp3 but at 256kb/s. amazing.
    01-07-09 11:37 AM
    ***also...using different programs i have, sometimes ill cut the bass out of a song so that it doesnt interfere with other sounds in the song, as the tiny speaker on the phone can't "push air".
    01-07-09 11:38 AM
    I use audacity to chop the MP3 and IMToo convertor to convert the chopped wav file back to MP3. after that I drop it right into the ringtone folder on the SD card and voila, custom ringtones.
    I also use Audacity. It is one of the best free programs for working with audio files. If you go to their website, there is a link to an mp3 add on for it that allows you to open, edit and save mp3 files. No need to convert from wav to mp3 when you are done.
    01-07-09 12:21 PM
    I also use Audacity. It is one of the best free programs for working with audio files. If you go to their website, there is a link to an mp3 add on for it that allows you to open, edit and save mp3 files. No need to convert from wav to mp3 when you are done.
    The MP3 plugin used to cost$. They don't charge for it anymore?
    01-07-09 12:24 PM
    The MP3 plugin used to cost$. They don't charge for it anymore?
    It is free now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 01:02 PM
    It is free now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Cool. Well that cuts my conversion process in half. Thanks for the info.
    01-07-09 01:07 PM
    Yep I used Audacity as well.

PM me for link.
    01-07-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD