For those of you who have now had the privledge of playing with the storm for a little while and getting into more of a comfort zone, how fast is your typing compared to your other devices (Curve, Bold, or any device with a physical keypad)??????

Typing is the most important thing to myself and many others when it comes to the Blackberry experience. I must be able to type fast and effective! Currently I can type super fast on my 8703e and I need to be able to match or be very close to that speed.

So my question is:

HOW FAST ARE YOU TYPING NOW ON YOUR STORM???

P.S. I'm mainly referring to QWERTY mode!
    11-18-08 09:39 AM
    When I got to test it out, which was some time ago when testing u nits were first out....

Typing was about the same as me typing on my curve. But it took a bit since you really had no keys to press down..... But with the newest release OS, which i haven't tested I am sure it will be about the same if not faster response.
    11-18-08 10:15 AM
    People are freaked out by how the storm is setup, but its no different than any other device, if you give it enough time you will pick up speed. If you cant after enough time its not the device its you who cant adapt.
    11-18-08 10:18 AM
    People are freaked out by how the storm is setup, but its no different than any other device, if you give it enough time you will pick up speed. If you cant after enough time its not the device its you who cant adapt.
    Oh I agree, but it is very weird at first... but after that it goes easy
    11-18-08 10:23 AM
    Thanks for the replies but this thread is intended for those current Storm users who have been adapting to the device and had some time to get into a comfort zone and can answer from first hand experience.
    11-18-08 10:26 AM
    Currently about 20-30 wpm and increasing with few if any mistakes. Typing faster than the blue halos appear

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mayatekla; 11-18-08 at 10:55 AM.
    11-18-08 10:53 AM
    I don't know how fast 20-30 WPM is as I've never timed my typing that way.

How would you compare your current speed to that of your old device with full keypad?
    11-18-08 12:34 PM
    Currently not as fast as my Curve, I find it much much easier to press the wrong key, which slows me to down lots.

Also find it _Very_ fiddly to try and select part way through a word/sentance, slowing the corrections further.

Also to note, if you try two thumb typing, be careful not to hover the redundent thumb too close, as that brush/touch while pressing with the other will send the "latest" thumb contact as they pressed. (Ooops, making something easy sound complicated).
    11-18-08 12:49 PM
    Typing sounds like **** on this device and will ultimately lead me to switch to AT&T and purchase the Bold.

I will wait and try the phone in a store on Friday but if it doesn't come natural and easy to type quickly I will walk right out faster then I walked in and head to AT&T.
    11-18-08 01:09 PM
    I had a Moto Q and my fat fingers still made mistakes, so I see no difference. I can adapt.
    11-18-08 01:40 PM
    I was just in the Verizon store on 34th street in NYC. They had no floor model but I was lucky enough to catch a rep who was doing a demo for the employees. After hesitating she let me fool around with it for a few minutes. Not as fast as my 8703e (as expected) but after a few minutes it got easier.

The rep did say you can adjust the settings to be more or less sensitive to the touch.

I do have to say after using it there is no question I will be buying one on Friday.
    11-18-08 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD