I'm aware of the normal click/crunch problem. I get a few crunches when typing.

However, when my phone is in the charger, I'm laying down (in bed) with the Storm in the air, I notice that every click becomes a crunch. (I text when I'm chilling in bed.)

Is this "normal"?
    01-08-09 11:05 AM
    my phone does not do this, but who's to say what is normal with these devices?
    01-08-09 11:10 AM
    lol, thanks.

i guess my point is i'm not too worried if it's "normal". however, if it's not normal, then probably a good time to look into a replacement.
    01-08-09 11:11 AM
    I wonder if you get a crunch if you're in zero gravity in space as well? Seems RIM didn't think about people using these things in various orientations and environments. I bet they tested them in the ol meeting room and were like... "OK, works great, stamp it and sell it." lol

As for the crunch, if you're not having issues actually making it work, then I wouldn't worry about it. Replace it once it breaks. If you have the $5.99 insurance package, your manufacturer's warranty is extended to 2 years total without a deductable (if it's a manufacturing failure).
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 01-08-09 at 11:15 AM.
    01-08-09 11:13 AM
    I wonder if you get a crunch if you're in zero gravity in space as well? .
    I bet you don't get a good cell signal on the moon... Lol.
    Can you here me now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 11:17 AM
    I wonder if you get a crunch if you're in zero gravity in space as well? Seems RIM didn't think about people using these things in various orientations and environments. I bet they tested them in the ol meeting room and were like... "OK, works great, stamp it and sell it." lol

As for the crunch, if you're not having issues actually making it work, then I wouldn't worry about it. Replace it once it breaks. If you have the $5.99 insurance package, your manufacturer's warranty is extended to 2 years total without a deductable (if it's a manufacturing failure).
    lol. yeah. i'm kinda used to texting people in bed with my treo 700wx so i imagine it wouldn't be an issue with the Storm. i guess the storm clicking mechanism requires gravity. i noticed that it doesn't register half the clicks when I'm typing upside down. i have to situp now when i text in my bed. it's not the end of the world but kinda annoying, lol.

yeah, i'm trying to keep this phone. more or less, it's been pretty good to me. i get once or two normal crunches a day that doesn't impede the registering of the click. all other problems seem to be firmware or user (i.e. i'm noob with blackberry) ways. i have the $6 insurance package. i used to think it was a waste until i lost my $500 (well used to be $500) treo 700wx and i had one next day air'ed to me.

sweet, if my manufacture warranty is extended for 2 years, like you said, i'll just wait till it dies before i call it in.
    01-08-09 11:21 AM
    jackson racing super charged civic '98 eh?
    01-08-09 11:22 AM
    I wouldnt worry about it too muh. If it gets worse just get a new one.
    I bet you don't get a good cell signal on the moon... Lol.
    Can you here me now?

it'll probably sound like the early voip days with the 5 second lag.

can you here me now?
    *lag 5 seconds*
    yea!
    jackson racing super charged civic '98 eh?
    [OT] Used to be... no longer the case now.
    01-08-09 11:24 AM
    Civic... You're into cars, technology.... You're awesomely quick witted and your cynicism is hilarious ...
    Are your sure you're female?

01-08-09 11:36 AM
    [OT] Used to be... no longer the case now.
    sold the car? or just no s/c on it anymore?
    01-08-09 11:47 AM
    what? jrsccivic98 is a girl?
    01-08-09 11:48 AM
    what? jrsccivic98 is a girl?
    yep.. thats the rumor
    01-09-09 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD