Does anyone know if its ok to store my creditcard with/next too my Storm in its leather pouch. I was wondering if it would do any damage to the magnetic strip thingy on the credit card as my storm pouch has the sleep magnet in it.

I wont to get a pouch for my storm that has an area for folded up cash and a couple of credit card slots but i'm unsure if it will de-magnetise my cards or do something to my storm even. The pouch ilike is one like they have for the iPhone...i think its a "Mossimo" brand pouch.

Thanks
    Renee
    10-20-09 12:33 AM
    I wouldnt think so if the pouch has credit card holders one it. I am not sure though.
    10-20-09 12:39 AM
    I keep my cash, metrocard, ID and a credit card in my storm leather pocket pouch all the time with no problems for the last 6 months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 04:47 AM
    I keep my cash, metrocard, ID and a credit card in my storm leather pocket pouch all the time with no problems for the last 6 months.

Excellent, thats good enough for me, thanks for that...i'll go buy my new pouch :P
    10-20-09 05:08 AM
    I would be a little concerned if the pouch has a magnet. Could render your card useless.
    10-20-09 05:54 AM
    Mind posting a link to the case you're getting? A combo phone case/wallet sounds interesting -- one less thing to carry is always good.
    10-20-09 10:10 AM
    I'd be carefull with that. I stayed in a hotel recently and kept my room key in the same pocket of my pants with my phone for one day. When I got back to the hotel I had to get the key re-coded because just being next to my phone was enough to kill the info on the key card.
    10-20-09 11:29 AM
    Storm and card, are fine, BUT as someone else pointed out if the case itself has a magnet (good for BBs) then THAT could mess up your card.
    10-20-09 11:50 AM
    I learned this the hard way....Do Not store your Credit cards in your blackberry pouch. I have had the magnetic strip on my CC get wiped out by the magnet in my blackberry pouch.
    10-20-09 12:20 PM
    I learned this the hard way....Do Not store your Credit cards in your blackberry pouch. I have had the magnetic strip on my CC get wiped out by the magnet in my blackberry pouch.
    i agree my bart cards always get demagnatized when i put it near my phone so putting in the pouch with the magent and the phone may do more damage, but i had a bart card not the credit card
    10-20-09 12:22 PM
    There's also a magnet on the phone speaker - the one at the bottom (behind screen). My storm does a good job picking up paper clips off my desk with that rear speaker. Its a lot stronger than you would think.

10-20-09 02:50 PM
    There's also a magnet on the phone speaker - the one at the bottom (behind screen). My storm does a good job picking up paper clips off my desk with that rear speaker. Its a lot stronger than you would think.

Haha wow. Tested and confirmed. I would have never guessed.
    10-20-09 03:57 PM
    i have the blackberry branded pocket holster.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=HLLLL2GM

I don't store my credit card in it, but many times i have my wallet and phone sitting on one another, and never had a problem with the magnetic strip being damaged.
    10-20-09 04:43 PM
    Hmm now i'm really not sure. I dont think the pouch has a magnet because i've just found out its a universal pouch and not made especially for the iphone or the blackberry, so i might be ok there. But, i'm a little worried about the magnet that carlos31820 mentioned in the speaker of the storm.....i wonder if this will demagnetise my credit cards??!!

So will my storm be ok next to my credit card though. There's a risk that my credit card might not be ok, but will my storm be ok?
    10-20-09 09:15 PM
    Anyone ever see that mythbusters episode where they tried to demagnetize a credit card. They did a lot of stuff and couldn't get it to work, even leaving them magnetic strip back to back.
    10-20-09 09:17 PM
    This is the pouch that I was using when my cards (yes more than one) got wiped out. It originally came with my 8830, but works very nicely with my Storm. There is a fairly strong magnet in that flap to keep it locked in place. I'm guessing thats the one that did the damage, but not 100% sure.

11-02-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD