I cracked my screen and I am livid. I worked so hard at keeping my phone nice, but now there's a crack in the bottom corner. It has smaller issues such as freezing occasionally and restarting itself. I do not have insurance but it is still under warranty. What will be my options when I go to the verizon store tomorrow? Will I be able to get a replacement? Can they fix it?

Help pleaseee, im so upset =(
    03-17-09 04:29 PM
    Go to Cellular Accessories - NEC, Dopod/O2, BlackBerry, Motorola, Alcatel, Apple, Tools, Samsung, HTC, SonyEr. They have replacement screens. If you have insurance, you should be able to make a claim. Next time I'll read the WHOLE post first.

Go to them and order one. Just have someone who knows what they are doing replace it for you. BTW, Verizon will NOT warranty the phone for a crack in the screen unless SOMEHOW it wasn't related to your actions.
    03-17-09 04:34 PM
    i dont see any storm screens on that site...am I missing something? And my storm already had a crack in it because the buttons around the edge don't work too well...i pushed too hard one time and it cracked...and then when I dropped it just recently it cracked more in the same place from the other crack. Would they be able to do anything about this? Thanks for replying
    03-17-09 04:43 PM
    screens are right there on the storm page, but unfortunately all out of stock.
    it says LCD. i wish i could post a link but i'm under 10 post count
    03-17-09 04:51 PM
    9500/9530 - BlackBerry, Panasonic, Acer, 3G, Microsoft, BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, SonyEricsson,

Third row down. There are two, actually. You'll need to figure out which one you have, but not sure the easiest way to do so.

My thoughts on your issue is, they won't replace it. It would take some serious honesty and a forgiving service person to accept it. I mean, if you had the crack before it would have been best to take it in immediately. But if you did any damage to it, more than likely it won't get warrantied. That is my opinion, so I would possibly try speaking to someone with Verizon to see what their take would be, without outright admitting it's cracked.

Good luck man and maybe you'll be lucky and the one in stock will be the one you need!
    03-17-09 05:10 PM
    For your $50 out of warrenty fee, VZW will send you a storm by overnight mail.
    03-18-09 12:07 AM
    Who is to say he is even with Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 01:49 AM

his profile

thats why I is in college
    03-18-09 01:59 AM

Stay with me here, look under his name where it says Carrier. Holy sh*t, it does say Verizon huh? Amazing things happen when we actually read! Keep fighting the good fight!
    03-18-09 02:04 AM
    i find it funny that so many people are assuming a user with the username "sistasgotgame" is a "HE"........
    03-18-09 03:57 PM
    If it was posted from his storm then he wouldn't be able to see who the carrier is. Just like me right now. You will notice the message at the bottom.

03-18-09 04:59 PM
    lol i am a girl.

and okay so I can call verizon and say i am willing to pay $50 from my warranty? how does that work?
    03-18-09 08:44 PM
    You will actually have to file a claim with the ins company. U can call verizon and get their number. Pretty simple really. I've had to do it twice in the past with other phones.

03-18-09 09:36 PM
    even if I did not get insurance for the phone?
    03-18-09 09:41 PM
    Get insurance and wait a week or two and make a claim

Last edited by Domestic Violence; 03-18-09 at 09:47 PM.
    03-18-09 09:43 PM
    Holy o crap is no one paying attention lol. The op stated she doesn't have insurance.

03-18-09 09:43 PM
    go to the store, show it to them, acknowledge you dropped it and ask if you can pay to get a replacement. they will take 50 dollars and send you a replacement via fedex 2 day shipping.
    03-18-09 09:45 PM
    Get instance and wait a week or two and make a claim

Yes and face the chance of a year in prison and a 10000 fine.

03-18-09 09:45 PM
    I had a crack develop in my phone and it spread across the screen. It still works but I was afraid that it wouldn't at any moment. I just got off the phone with Verizon Tech Services. I don't have insurance, and as this is physical damage the replacement cost is $50. I was ecstatic b/c I thought I was going to have to pay full price for a new phone! She told me that in the last 3 years they changed their policy, so physical damage is covered in your 1-year warranty, but you have to pay $50. Previously there was nothing they could do for you if there was physical damage. They are shipping it out tomorrow (03/19/09) for receipt on Monday.
    03-18-09 09:46 PM
    You go into the store. You pay 50 bucks. They will order you a phone and have it sent over night to your place of choice.

The cracked screen voids your warranty. The $50 is for an "out of warranty" replacement.
    03-18-09 09:47 PM
    alright, so I will go into the store ASAP, and just ask to have my phone replaced, or should I say something else??? This sounds good (if this works). Thanks alot!!
    03-18-09 09:57 PM
    Take it in be honest and they will help you. One reason I stick with verizon the customer service is unbeatable.

03-18-09 10:02 PM
    Yes, be honest and also disclose that the initial crack occured because of a screen click issue, being hard to click in the corner. This is what you posted, isn't it?
    03-18-09 10:12 PM
    yes, that was what I posted, and okay thanks alot!!
    03-18-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD