I dropped my Storm, and cracked the screen. I don't have insurance on the phone, and was wondering if anybody had any advice on how to either get a replacement phone or new display. Any info is much appreciated..THANKS

(Yes in know I should have had it in a protective case, and should have gotten insurance...SHAME ON ME!!!)
    02-27-09 08:22 AM
    cnn.cn carries the screens now but they'll run you $100.
    02-27-09 08:25 AM
    I cracked my screen and verizon replaced my storm for $50 bucks with out having to use assurion (i do have insurance thou), call Verizon and give it a try.
    02-27-09 08:32 AM
    How old is your storm because I got the Insurance a week after I bought mine n tyeydidnt even ask to look at it granted mine was and still not broken just being cautious

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 01:38 PM
    With Verizon you have 15 days to add insurance after activating the phone.
    02-27-09 02:03 PM
    You could always call in a bogus software issue and have them replace it for that. I know of a few people who did that and Verizon never back charged them when they got the broken phone back.
    02-27-09 02:04 PM
    They should swap it out for 50$.
    02-27-09 02:04 PM
    You could always call in a bogus software issue and have them replace it for that. I know of a few people who did that and Verizon never back charged them when they got the broken phone back.

Playing with fire. I would NOT recommend this route.........
    02-27-09 02:07 PM
    It's people like you that make our phones cost $500 and insurance cost $6/mo. Thanks alot. Now go away.
    02-27-09 02:27 PM
    butterfingers! maybe u shud get a dif phone
    02-27-09 02:32 PM
    tell them the truth..you can't see the screen clearly and battery pull didn't help.

They get it back and complain it's cracked?..Those Fedex guys!! you really should talk to your survisors on creating a stronger return box.
    02-27-09 02:33 PM
    tell them the truth..you can't see the screen clearly and battery pull didn't help.

They get it back and complain it's cracked?..Those Fedex guys!! you really should talk to your survisors on creating a stronger return box.
    What ever happened to ethics and personal accountability??

No wonder this country is in such an economic mess!!
    02-27-09 02:52 PM

They're still there, but waiting on line for food stamps because it spent it's only 500.00 to replace a cracked storm.
    02-27-09 03:03 PM

Ethics went out when the certain people voted for economy issues over morals.....can't wait until 2012 for some real change....
    02-27-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD