I recently cracked my screen on my storm.. I can get it replaced but i am unable to backup my info due to the screen crack. It will not let me input my password via the blackberry, but i can enter it in the desktop manager and it accepts it but when starting the restore just locks up the desktop. Any one have any suggestions...Pllleeeeeaaasseee I have some saved items that are extremely important to me. thanks
    03-17-09 01:51 PM
    Try the device switch wizard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 01:55 PM
    can u please give me a little more info.. not sure what to do..thanks
    03-17-09 03:38 PM
    Say what? If you can do a backup, then you're done. The restore should go to the new device. Do you have the new device yet? If not and you're trying to test it on on the broken one... DON'T.
    03-17-09 03:40 PM
    There are a lot of threads describing the issue with backing up and the browser cache. Do a search for a fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 11:47 PM
    Say what? If you can do a backup, then you're done. The restore should go to the new device. Do you have the new device yet? If not and you're trying to test it on on the broken one... DON'T.
    i originally wrote restore...what im trying to do is backup my original cracked device so i can switch to the new one....i also tried the device switch and i enter the password and start the process and freezes still...
    03-18-09 04:34 PM
    Post a pic! I want to see what a cracked screen on a Storm looks like.
    03-18-09 05:19 PM
    i originally wrote restore...what im trying to do is backup my original cracked device so i can switch to the new one....i also tried the device switch and i enter the password and start the process and freezes still...
    so you are saying that when you try to backup via Desktop Manager... it is just freezing?
    03-18-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD