I wokeup today and it looks as though my screen has a crack or scratch that looks like a crack. It goes from the end call button across and stops around where the end call button ends. It looks like a windshield crack. Is there anything I can do? Bought the phone I think 2 months ago. Any help would be great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 07:11 PM
    Hope you have insurance mate or that you can somehow convince big red it was a defect (good luck)

03-27-09 07:15 PM
    You sure its not a scratch on your screen protector?
    03-27-09 07:15 PM
    You sure its not a scratch on your screen protector?
    Bingo! Betcha that's it.
    03-27-09 07:22 PM
    I didn't add any screen protector or case

03-27-09 07:41 PM
    But did you take off the one that came with the phone? That one scratches very easily.
    03-27-09 07:42 PM
    It goes from the end call button across and stops around where the end call button ends.
    So it doesn't really exist then.........
    03-27-09 07:49 PM
    Yea I took off the one that came with the phone after I saw it bubble up a little two days after I brought the phone. Things don't seem to be looking good for me. Its not bad I'm just worried if it will get worse like a crack in a cars windshield

03-27-09 07:50 PM
    Ah, well, I hope for your sake its just a scratch than. A crack would be BAD....
    03-27-09 07:52 PM
    Yea I took off the one that came with the phone after I saw it bubble up a little two days after I brought the phone. Things don't seem to be looking good for me. Its not bad I'm just worried if it will get worse like a crack in a cars windshield

look closer I bet it's the protector... it comes with technically two screen protectors... the OBVIOUS one you remove then another...
    03-27-09 08:02 PM
    I was thinking of what could it could have been and I think I found the answer. Yesterday was my last night in lake havasu for spring break so I'm drunk with this girl and things are happening and I take my diamonds out because she knocked the backing off to one of them. I put them in my pocket and that's the only theory I can think of because I usually never have my phone with something else in my pocket. If that's it then its a scratch and well I guess that's a sacrifice you have to make

03-27-09 08:03 PM
    I was thinking of what could it could have been and I think I found the answer. Yesterday was my last night in lake havasu for spring break so I'm drunk with this girl and things are happening and I take my diamonds out because she knocked the backing off to one of them. I put them in my pocket and that's the only theory I can think of because I usually never have my phone with something else in my pocket. If that's it then its a scratch and well I guess that's a sacrifice you have to make

She better have been a worth it.....I HATE scratches....
    03-27-09 08:05 PM
    She was well worth it but things are looking bad right now. It is starting to grow more across the screen. What are my options? I'm guessing I have to get a new phone?

03-28-09 05:41 PM
    She was well worth it but things are looking bad right now. It is starting to grow more across the screen. What are my options? I'm guessing I have to get a new phone?

Nope.. 2 on eBay...

Blackberry replacement Storm Screen, Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com
    03-28-09 05:46 PM
    Hmm, I will wait and see how this crack ends up in a few weeks, if it does end up getting worse, I'll go ahead and spend the $100 for those replacement LCD's.

Is it hard to replace the LCD's?

Also, what if I add insurance onto the phone and then bring it in to Verizon. Is it covered under that third party insurance where they will just hand me a phone or how does that work and if it's even worth it.
    03-28-09 10:25 PM
    Also, do you think I can get a new phone by warrenty of the bad "screen click" Without the "paper trick" on the back of the phone, the top AND bottom middle/corners don't click down. As well as my physical "Call, Blackberry, Back, End" buttons feel sunken in as if they are not pushed out and takes more effort to push them down.
    03-28-09 10:30 PM
    To the top for some answers please
    03-29-09 02:57 AM
    Someone has to know...
    03-29-09 12:22 PM
    You can't get insurance now. You have 15 days after buying phone to get insurance.

03-29-09 12:29 PM
    Alright so there goes that idea, but what the warranty on the phone, does it cover the "clicking" issue and showing that my physical buttons are pushed in and aren't pushed out?
    03-29-09 12:31 PM
    Alright so there goes that idea, but what the warranty on the phone, does it cover the "clicking" issue and showing that my physical buttons are pushed in and aren't pushed out?

Instead of wasting time on a forum, why don't you take the phone to a VZW corp store and find out? All they can do is say no.
    03-29-09 12:51 PM
    yes, you should be able to get it covered under warranty, just be nice to the vzw people and they'll take care of you
    03-29-09 02:25 PM
    The guy said that I could not get a replacement phone with the buttons because they are not "defective" and they still work no matter if they are recessed/harder to push or not.

For the clicking problem he tried just tweaking the screws on the back of the phone but it never got any better than it is.

He said if I were to replace it, it would be a refurbished phone and that once I get that, if the refurbished phone is worse than the phone I have now, I am stuck with it and cannot get another refurbished one.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...12#post2116512

That's my thread regarding refurb phones
    03-29-09 05:07 PM
    adding insurance now wont do anything
    03-30-09 12:33 AM
    you should be able to get a replacement, just try someone else..

as far as not being able to get a replacement after getting a refurb..thats a bunch of crap, if the refurb has problems you can still get a replacement, you have a 1 year warranty regardless of what they tell you, just call them and tell them whats going on, theyll get a new phone out to you
    03-30-09 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD