We need a cpu monitor with the ability to prioritize programs.

I agree that rim screwed us on this device. This product should have come out at a higher price with more muscle. They made the cheapest device possible. Using one chip for everything. I believe that the storm 2 will be the product the storm one should have been. Don't get me wrong i love my storm more and more each day, but I would have gladly paid 100 dollars more for the speed of the bold.
    12-05-08 11:41 PM
    It's not the processor, it's the limited memory.
    12-05-08 11:46 PM
    Its probably the cpu as well. Added to the fact that 1 mpu controls the entire device, unlike the Bold, which has separate chipsets for many different things.
    12-05-08 11:55 PM
    The MSM7600 is the top of the line CDMA RevA chipset that Qualcom makes. If you think it's too slow for the Storm, then it'll be too slow for the upcomming Niagra. However, since the Storm runs pretty smooth with 49MB of free memory, I still believe it's a memory thing. They really should have put in 256MB. I guess we'll see.
    12-05-08 11:57 PM
    I originally thought it was the memory, but i keep adding more and more programs and my application memory really isnt dipping. I really think its the single chip design.
    12-05-08 11:57 PM
    i donno I agree with civic on this one.. its java based there is major issues with ram java on most everything.. not saying it can't be optimized but there is blackberry's that run really really well with much less processor so I am going on the front saying that the processor itself is fine..

I find it pretty quick as is with it tweaked..

however I still feel the fade transitions make it feel slower as well.. if we could turn off the fading stuff it wouldn't trick our eyes like that..
    12-06-08 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD