Ok so I just got my storm a couple days ago and love it. and for those of you who are reading this...just a little side note. the verizon store tech person said that verizon is definitely getting the palm pre. Oh and he also said that you should stay away from any storms that have the pin number that is less than 3050 (for example mine is 3060...which he said is the latest I think)
    Anyway, the phone is doing pretty well. couple weird things...today when I went to plug in my headphones...it kept playing like there was nothing plugged in. I tried another set of h.p. and it happened again. Then the other day my video rec. came on for no reason and wouldn't go off...had to do a bat. pull. Anyway, other than a few weird things like that...it's been great.
    So to my questions...
    1. Is there anyway I can bring up something that will tell me what applications are running in the background?? So that I can close them all...without having to open each one individually.
    2. Is there only one alarm? On my env I could set 3 different alarms...just didn't know if I was missing something.
    3. I have google maps...was wondering how you check to see which version you have.
    4.Is there anyway to seperate emails from sms messages in the messages folder? Like different colors or something.
    Well that's it for now. Hope someone can answer these. Thanks!!
    03-04-09 09:47 PM
    Another VZW rep that doesn't know too much my pin is 3048 got it the first day the storm hit and no problems since
    03-04-09 09:55 PM
    Doesn't make sense to me, mine is 304A and I have had it since November 26 and no problems
    03-04-09 10:02 PM
    Whats funny Some reps will say anything to make a buck not baggin the op but the VZW rep implied you have a higher pin should be good to go and has problems......kinda funny
    03-04-09 10:03 PM
    He was actually a tech I got when you call for technical service. And I think he was just saying that those <3050 were the first ones...which tended to be a little more buggy. Glad you got one that wasn't. Could you help me out with any of my questions??
    03-04-09 10:05 PM
    1. hold the bb menu key down and it will show the apps that are running there is no task manager like a win mo phone
    2.Use the calendar for multiple alarms
    3.Options Adv options applications in that list you will see the version
    4. NO
    03-04-09 10:07 PM
    "Whats funny Some reps will say anything to make a buck not baggin the op but the VZW rep implied you have a higher pin should be good to go and has problems......kinda funny"

-umm no. this was a tech on the phone and I hadn't bought it yet. So there was no way he was trying to get the sale by telling me what I wanted to hear. I called them to ask if I should look out for any particular storm phones (ie pin numbers) that were known to be the earlier ones.
    Please don't take this personally...I was just relaying what he told me. Being a tech...I'm guessing they have seen which phones had more problems...but who knows
    03-04-09 10:08 PM
    spaciorek. Thanks for the help!
    03-04-09 10:10 PM
    I got my storm 11/26 and my pin is 30499..... and I have had no problems with my ether.
    03-04-09 10:11 PM
    Then why do you have issues with a higher pin number????
    "couple weird things...today when I went to plug in my headphones...it kept playing like there was nothing plugged in. I tried another set of h.p. and it happened again. Then the other day my video rec. came on for no reason and wouldn't go off...had to do a bat. pull. Anyway, other than a few weird things like that"

And the camera is probably your convenience key setting but the Tech that knows about pins didn't mention that...oops
    03-04-09 10:12 PM
    pretty sure I know what a convenience key is...and I don't have it set on my camera. I'm not an *****. Geez you guys get soo uptight over nothing. If you aren't having problems...then that's GREAT! good for you. Just relax...I'm sure you know more than the tech.
    03-04-09 10:19 PM
    Evidently we do your here asking questions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 05:55 AM
    As far as #4 goes: messages - options - general options - scroll down till you see theme controlled hit it and pick seperate. Was the person a flextronics rep (technician) or a vzw sales rep?
    03-05-09 06:28 AM
    pretty sure I know what a convenience key is...and I don't have it set on my camera. I'm not an *****. Geez you guys get soo uptight over nothing. If you aren't having problems...then that's GREAT! good for you. Just relax...I'm sure you know more than the tech.
    I hope you got your phone working properly now and don't worry so much about the ppl who get uptight every forum has a few of them, sadly CB has more then "usual". If you write anything they disagree with or don't like they'll start talking to you like your stupid so be careful what you say around here. Even though you don't insult or offend these "certain" ppl they'll talk **** to you trying to insult you for no reason but don't worry like I said sadly every forum has a few of these know it all guys no offense Spaciorek i know you can't help but getting "**** hurt" when all he said was what the Tech told him If he's wrong or not I don't see the point of all that crap you give him??? but what do I know just my 2 cents your the smart one
    03-05-09 07:44 AM
    t never started as an insult... I want to know how on God's green earth a Tech Knows by PIN number which Storm is good or bad.....because I have a storm from day one with a LOW pin number and no problems the OP has a high pin number and has Camera problems........read the post...
    03-05-09 07:45 AM
    1. hold the bb menu key down and it will show the apps that are running there is no task manager like a win mo phone
    2.Use the calendar for multiple alarms
    3.Options Adv options applications in that list you will see the version
    4. NO
    he said it all, but i do know if you go into messages and go into options you can choose to completely separate your email and messages, also you can choose how you display them.
    03-05-09 07:49 AM
    3049........ Day 1 purcase, all is fine!
    03-05-09 09:45 AM
    Yep, 304C....here and runs great. I am Soooo thankful what that rep/tech or whatever said isn't true.
    03-05-09 10:03 AM
    I guess I was just imagining all those ppl that said they had problem phones at the beginning and had to send them back. I guess I was imagining all the articles written up about how blackberry released the storm too early. Are you serious guys?? To act like the storm didn't have any problems at first just because you have one that works fine is just ludicrous. The world doesn't revolve around you. My phone isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination...all he was saying, I think, is that the phones with >3050 are newer. And I was actually serious when I said you probably know more than the technician. I wasn't being sarcastic. I was just relaying what he said...don't shoot me. And to answer someone's question...yes it was a tech and not a sales person. Take care and have a great day
    03-05-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD