First post for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes when I get a new message the new message icon stays up. Is there a fix for this? Also when I get facebook status comment I can seem to open it.......in the app. It only gives me a menu for open.........why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 05:31 PM
    I am sure a lot of us would love to help you on these, but you need to be just a bit more specific if possible.

For your first issue, can you tell me what OS and theme you are running? Different variations of these have been known to cause this problem. Also, as obvious as this may sound, when you say the new message icon stays up, Im assuming that you have already checked ALL unread messages? Including Missed Calls?

As for the Facebook App. What version are you running? There have seemed to be some issues with FB today that may have nothing to do with the App itself BTW.
    09-17-09 07:34 PM
    facebook is broken right now, been broken for a few days now...no word yet on when it'll be fixed, etc...

for first issue, go to options>advanced>accessibility and change grid layout to "default"
    09-17-09 07:42 PM
    Thanks. That was the most awkward thing on the planet trying to be specific, sitting down to eat, and trying to speed through a forum post. But thats why they call it a crackberry. Thanks for the facebook answer.

Just sometimes I get notifications and I go to read them, and instead of openning the notification it opens the menu......and does not open the message.

As fo rthe message icon. There are days I get an SMS or and email and the new message asterik stays up on the yahoo icon or my work email. But I have no new messages.

Last problem I can think of in thi sAM is , how do I delete my call history?
    09-18-09 04:55 AM
    1) facebook, what you're explaining is the issue, but i haven't had it happen since late afternoon yesterday, idk if it's just working, or i'm not getting the alerts that are affected anymore...there's a thread in 3rd party apps you can go to discuss if you have further questions.

2) sms message waiting notification: are you using a 3rd party theme of any kind? have you gone in and changed the grid layout in the options screen?

3) call logs are in the messages folder, just open the "messages" app>hit BB button>view folders>call logs

you can also make it so that your calls show up in the main message folder, if you hit the send button>bb button>options>call logging...change as needed
    09-18-09 04:47 PM
    1. Facebook seems fixed.

2. No 3rd party theme. My grid layout is 4x4

3. Thanks fo rhte call logs.....
    09-25-09 06:43 AM
    1. Facebook seems fixed.

2. No 3rd party theme. My grid layout is 4x4

3. Thanks fo rhte call logs.....
    change your grid layout to default. 4x4 could be causing your issue
    09-25-09 11:26 AM
    Thanks! will do....
    09-25-09 12:51 PM