Okay well I have read and read through a lot of the how to's on here so if there is a clear answer and you can point me to it please forgive me for asking again and just tell me where to go. I am a member on several off-roading forums and know what it's like when new people seem to join and keep asking the same questions over and over! So please forgive me now! But I do have a couple of questions to help me out with my BB Storm. I am on the Verizon network and I know to some that is both good and bad!

And since everyone always seems to ask I have a couple of Apps installed which are:
    -weather.com
    -Pandora
    -App World
    -ScoreMobile
    -VCast Song ID
    -VCast Music (would like to delete but can't figure out how)
    -VzwTones - and for some reason it's installed twice (would like to delete but can't figure out how)
    -TalkLock
    -BuzzMe
    -MP3Ringtone Creator
    -nRange Golf GPS
    -QuickPull

Delete the languages?
    Now I have read on some the posts about deleting languages and freeing up memory space but most of it goes over my head so if you can let me know if this is something that I really need to do then I will try and learn how?

Do I need to do anything special to "Back-Up" my phone? I have read about doing this multiple times and have yet to install the CD that came with the phone on my computer and even connect my phone to my computer...I do have a lot of contacts and figure I should back these up. Will the CD help me do this?

On my old phone (a Palm) I could sent messages more than 160 characters. Now I know non-verizon people would not recieve the whole message, but everyone that I text to is on Verizon (hence why I have it in the first place) but is there not a way I can set it to be able to send messages longer than 160 characters since other Verizon people can recieve them?

I have the Facebook App and I use it every once in a while, but I hate seeing the icon on the top of the screen that tells me I have a worthless update about something on Facebook that I don't care about. Now I have looked under the settings in the Facebook App but can't find a way to stop the notifications icon, is there a way...am I missing something?

Some of the Apps that I have installed I do not need and I have deleted them...however the icon is still in my download folders is there a way to delete this or do I not need to? Just trying to free up more memory if this is bothering it at all?

Also on all of my older phones there was always some type of feature that would allow you to lock certain text messages or picture messages so that when you were cleaning up and deleting read messages you could keep certain ones...is there not a feature similar to this on the Storm?

As far as Apps go I was wondering what the best Alarm App out there is? I have read about a couple but not sure where the reviews are coming from so I would like you guys expert opions because I know that you'll know your stuff on here. I need a good alarm App that I can set numerous alarms on because I am notorious for just Dismissing the first alarm and not getting out of bed. Now before you call me lazy...I do have a crazy schedule between the fire department and the hospital so I usually don't get enough sleep, it's not just me being lazy! So what about a good alarm app?

Thanks in advance for your help and again sorry if some of these are repeats but if they are and you can point me out to a Simple and Easy answer or fix I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again guys...
    C. J.
    09-23-09 02:38 PM
    Okay well I have read and read through a lot of the how to's on here so if there is a clear answer and you can point me to it please forgive me for asking again and just tell me where to go. I am a member on several off-roading forums and know what it's like when new people seem to join and keep asking the same questions over and over! So please forgive me now! But I do have a couple of questions to help me out with my BB Storm. I am on the Verizon network and I know to some that is both good and bad!

And since everyone always seems to ask I have a couple of Apps installed which are:
    -weather.com
    -Pandora
    -App World
    -ScoreMobile
    -VCast Song ID
    -VzwTones - and for some reason it's installed twice (would like to delete but can't figure out how)
    -TalkLock
    -BuzzMe
    -MP3Ringtone Creator
    -nRange Golf GPS
    -QuickPull

Delete the languages?
    Now I have read on some the posts about deleting languages and freeing up memory space but most of it goes over my head so if you can let me know if this is something that I really need to do then I will try and learn how?

Do I need to do anything special to "Back-Up" my phone? I have read about doing this multiple times and have yet to install the CD that came with the phone on my computer and even connect my phone to my computer...I do have a lot of contacts and figure I should back these up. Will the CD help me do this?

On my old phone (a Palm) I could sent messages more than 160 characters. Now I know non-verizon people would not recieve the whole message, but everyone that I text to is on Verizon (hence why I have it in the first place) but is there not a way I can set it to be able to send messages longer than 160 characters since other Verizon people can recieve them?

I have the Facebook App and I use it every once in a while, but I hate seeing the icon on the top of the screen that tells me I have a worthless update about something on Facebook that I don't care about. Now I have looked under the settings in the Facebook App but can't find a way to stop the notifications icon, is there a way...am I missing something?

Some of the Apps that I have installed I do not need and I have deleted them...however the icon is still in my download folders is there a way to delete this or do I not need to? Just trying to free up more memory if this is bothering it at all?

Also on all of my older phones there was always some type of feature that would allow you to lock certain text messages or picture messages so that when you were cleaning up and deleting read messages you could keep certain ones...is there not a feature similar to this on the Storm?

As far as Apps go I was wondering what the best Alarm App out there is? I have read about a couple but not sure where the reviews are coming from so I would like you guys expert opions because I know that you'll know your stuff on here. I need a good alarm App that I can set numerous alarms on because I am notorious for just Dismissing the first alarm and not getting out of bed. Now before you call me lazy...I do have a crazy schedule between the fire department and the hospital so I usually don't get enough sleep, it's not just me being lazy! So what about a good alarm app?

Thanks in advance for your help and again sorry if some of these are repeats but if they are and you can point me out to a Simple and Easy answer or fix I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again guys...
    C. J.
    Too many questions for one post, but I applaud you on at least listing your apps.

You will have to search for it but lyricidal's Shrink a OS will resolve some of your issues with applications you don't want. As far as things that are pushed on your screen by Verizon, nothing you can do about that (VZW Tones, VZW Music, You Tube, Slacker) but these are just icons to the internet not real apps unless you install them.

Alarm? What's wrong with the one on your clock? That's what I use.

So I answered part of your post. Hopefully somebody else will answer the rest.
    09-23-09 02:45 PM
    I think you use the actual Facebook site (from your computer) to set it to not send notifications.

Desktop Manager should back up everything on your phone (though 3rd party apps might need a seperate back up. Here's how)
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 09-23-09 at 02:57 PM.
    09-23-09 02:53 PM
    I think you use the actual Facebook site (from your computer) to set it to not send notifications.
    No think about it, that will work.
    09-23-09 02:55 PM
    No think about it, that will work.
    Are you agreeing? Or disagreeing?
    09-23-09 03:01 PM
    Your staying logged into facebook. Click your fb app and while its open, hit the bb button. Go to options and logout when not using it. This should help with the fb notifications popping up.
    There are a couple of apps that allow you to send texts longer than 160. The only one I can think of right now is called Beyond 160 and you can buy it in the CB app store. I believe there is at least one more that does the same thing.
    09-23-09 03:02 PM
    Are you agreeing? Or disagreeing?
    I agreed. I don't know how there even could have been a question about it.
    09-23-09 03:04 PM
    I agreed. I don't know how there even could have been a question about it.
    Because I'm illiterate!

I thought you were saying, "No. Think about it," when you were actually saying, "No 'think' about it".

My bad.
    09-23-09 03:08 PM
    Also, @OP - if you send an MMS you get 1000 characters to work with.

For alarms, look into BBSmart Alarms Pro - easy to use, can set multiple alarms.

Aso for, VCast Song ID, VCast Music and VzwTones, unless you actually downloaded these apps, the icons are basically just a launcher that will take you to where you can download them. The icons are like advertisements for the apps and take the tiniest bit of space. If you delete the icon, they will just be resent to your phone. If they annoy you, just hide them (highlight > BB button > hide).
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 09-23-09 at 03:50 PM.
    09-23-09 03:12 PM

-weather.com
    -Pandora
    -App World
    -ScoreMobile
    -VCast Song ID
    -TalkLock
    -BuzzMe
    -MP3Ringtone Creator
    -nRange Golf GPS
    -QuickPull
    are you ready for this???!!!

Delete the languages?
    this is done one of two ways:
    DM>app loader>add/remove programs>uncheck the box
    when you first got the phone, there is a "inital setup" program that asks you what language you want, all others will be deleted

DM will do everything you need, you don't need anything else. the software is on the blackberry CD, not the VZAM one...

it's a limitation of all CDMA blackberries, there is a 3rd party app, but it's basically composing a 2nd sms for you, i just do it freehand, send as a MMS (if they can recieve MMS) or i use BBM/any other I.M. app to avoid the sms limitation

you can log out and avoid the alerts, and opt to just get emails instead, or nothing at all...otherwise i suggest you just use the mobile facebook page via your browser, no alerts, and you can do whatever you do via PC basically

what apps? keep in mind that the phone has some "launcher" icons, aka a bookmark of sorts that directs you to the app download page...i have created a folder to put them all in, then i just hide the folder, no more problems...they don't take up enough memory to even worry about, so don't

i either "save" the message, or copy into a memopad, sometimes i forward the message to my email address...

the calendar app has an "add alarm" option, i use that, and you can set them to be repeating, for specific days, one time, daily, etc...so on say m/w/f i want to wake up at 6am, and tues/thurs i want to wake up at 10am, and then 4am on saturday (when i'm coaching wrestling or wanna go fishing)

C. J.
    you're welcome
    09-23-09 05:52 PM
    I just downloaded Scoremobile to my storm and it's running in portait mode instead of landscape is this correct. If not please tell me how to get it to landscape. Thx.
    10-10-09 12:50 PM
    I just downloaded Scoremobile to my storm and it's running in portait mode instead of landscape is this correct. If not please tell me how to get it to landscape. Thx.
    Options/Advanced Options/Applications/Scoremobile/BB button/Enable Compatibility Mode.

If you don't see Enable Compatibility Mode then select Disable Compatibility Mode. I don't have that actual program but this is how I got programs that were portrait only to work on landscape.
    10-10-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD