Forgive me if the answers to these questions are lurking somewhere in the forums already. I just haven't been able to find some clear answers after searching for a few hours.

I have some dust under my screen and I'm kind of trying to weigh my options. I've found ways to clean it out and then others are saying just get the replacement.

1. I bought the phone the day it came out and didn't get Verizon's $5/mo warranty/insurance thing. Can I still get a free replacement?

2. If I can get the replacement and I choose to do so will they switch everything over for me at the store? Or should I do it at home with a backup file I created?

3. If I get the replacement are the dust issues fixed or do I need to do something different to prevent dust from getting back in?

I'm mostly concerned about how the quality is with the replacements. I don't wanna get a new phone every 5 months or so. It's just a PITA. I mostly keep my phone in my jeans pocket with a clear case and a VZW screen protector. I thought about getting that really durable black rubber one since I work outside a lot.

Thanks for your help!
    03-01-09 12:27 PM
    I am at the store right now because CS told me the phone had to be inspected for damage before they will replace it. I will let you know. If they do replace it it looks like I'm in for an afternoon of reloading apps and stuff because I haven't backed up in while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 12:50 PM
    Ok, so I'm back from the VZW store and a new storm will be here on Wednesday. Easy and painless. The guy at the store told me that his manager had the same issue.
    03-01-09 02:04 PM
    Anybody have any experience as far as if dust comes back or did they fix the new ones coming out?
    03-02-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD